Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not being biased here, but Calsher had some of the better contested marking highlights from the draft. Some of the blokes they touted as strong contested marks barely had one in their highlight reels.
I like how many of his marks came outside 50m. I love a KPF that gets up the ground.

I think Dear will end up slightly better than Lewis. For comparison, I rate Lewis slightly better than Jesus! :heart::heart::heart:

Hey guys.

Calsher not only has his dad and uncle as VFL/AFL players, his mother's great-uncle was Brownlow Medal winner from the South Melbourne Swans in Herbie Matthews whose own father was, himself, Herb Matthews.

So Herb Sr was Calsher's 2x great-grandfather.

Hey guys.

Calsher not only has his dad and uncle as VFL/AFL players, his mother's great-uncle was Brownlow Medal winner from the South Melbourne Swans in Herbie Matthews whose own father was, himself, Herb Matthews.

Thanks Redman - saw plenty of Paul and Greg back in he day but wasn't aware of that background. Wonderful pedigree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys.

Great info. Thanks mate. You're welcome here anytime.

Always used to marvel at Paul dears physical stature as a player, he was a really solid unit. He was small in height for a ruck but was one of the heaviest players in the comp, and when he wanted the ball there really wasn’t much anyone else could do.
whilst it is such a great story, his highlight reel shows some great talent which im sure we all hope will translate into him becoming a star

Always used to marvel at Paul dears physical stature as a player, he was a really solid unit. He was small in height for a ruck but was one of the heaviest players in the comp, and when he wanted the ball there really wasn’t much anyone else could do.
whilst it is such a great story, his highlight reel shows some great talent which im sure we all hope will translate into him becoming a star
This may sound stupid but I marvelled at the immense size of Paul Dear‘s calves. The power he got from those chunks of meat was enormous.

But we are here for his son and what he can do. Calsher, make your own path.

He's a Dear. Big head, big hands, big heart. They used to call Jarrod Molloy the D9, they should call the Dears the Uptons.

Hope he plays 200 for you, he comes from a very fine family.
If the father-son rule needed validity then we just saw it.

Welcome to the Hawks Calsher … You fit perfectly within the Hawks structure as a positional need in the Hawks build towards the next premiership.

You are in the door… now make the place your own.
Very true F/S is a great tradition.

Love this selection for so many reasons. There is some real power in Calsher's frame, and those hands look really sticky.

He's going to be a monster like his dad, so excited to see what this young man will be in a few years. Plenty of time if he needs it, but also plenty of time to come out of left field and take things by the scruff of the neck.

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back