Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The extended break due to this injury might help him in getting another good couple years out of his body.
I really hope that this is the case.

I would hate it if he succumbed to injuries and his career just petered out.

I hope Chad leaves the game with a last hurrah as it’s been so long since we have seen the best of him on a consistent basis.

I really hope that this is the case.

I would hate it if he succumbed to injuries and his career just petered out.

I hope Chad leaves the game with a last hurrah as it’s been so long since we have seen the best of him on a consistent basis.

nice mental break. For his soft tissue stuff you are really looking for extended periods of stress and adaption. The longer he goes with this and no injuries, the less likely he is to injure himself.

nice mental break. For his soft tissue stuff you are really looking for extended periods of stress and adaption. The longer he goes with this and no injuries, the less likely he is to injure himself.
Not sure how recovering from a soft tissue injury would be a mental break from………………

soft tissue injuries

I wonder where they will play him when he gets back?

For me he's played his best footy for us in the midfield and we have more depth up forward now and our midfield is struggling big time.

I know some might say his body won't cope with playing midfield anymore but with soft tissue injuries I'm not sure it makes much of a difference where you play to be honest.

I just want to see Chad get through the rest of the year without another soft tissue injury, no point speculating on another two years down the track until he can manage that.

He is due some luck in that regard so hopefully this will be his year to string together a good run of games.

Just read on the injury list that Wingard is 2 weeks away. Is that crazy quick?

Will always be one of my favourite Port players. Looking forward to seeing him back on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back