Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand and respect everyone’s opinion, but I honestly can’t see how anyone can be happy with him and his output each and every week. A 5 min cameo each week doesn’t cut it. If he’s sore or injured he shouldn’t be playing.. it won’t happen, but I’d love Sammy and the coaching team to really set and example, if you don’t perform you don’t play.
I'm happy with a 5min cameo if it results in 2 goals a game......which he is averaging

The problem seems to be is that his focus is very attack weighted currently and if the ball doesn't come his way then it's hard to develop some momentum and touch in the game. Maybe he needs to adjust his focus to defence first and then let the attacking opportunities come as a result of that? Or maybe start off in the midfield for the first 5-10 minutes to get his hands on the ball before moving forward?

He was used in the midfield briefly against Carlton last weekend. I don't know if it was for CBAs, but I remember seeing him playing inside mid at stoppages.

Think it's just precautionary, don't want him blowing it and out for a month.
Just tightness from what they said.

Still soft tissue problems, when a 28 year old can't back up for a 4th consecutive game on a 7 day break. Not to mention he was also subbed out at HT in the port game.

200 games this week!

Not the player we hoped/wanted with the price we paid but I'd do that trade every time, the cultural impact Wingard will leave will be long lasting and more impact than simply being being a good player. There's heaps of players youre glade play for your side but few you can be genuinely proud of,

Very impressed with his conduct around the club since his arrival and the maturity with which he presents himself. He may not have the impact on field that some were hoping for, but seems happy to be at the club and always gives his all.

Congrats Chad on 200 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back