Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke with him late last week.
Anyone on the list that hadnt been I believe is going.

That would include Tom, Jars and Jaeger wouldn’t it - great bonding time if that’s the case

This I don't get?
We gave 4 items:- Burton & 3 picks & get back Chad & only 1 pick?
How does that equate can someone please Pauline me & explain it.
S?
(We value Wingard higher than Burton as do Port, therefore they demand a high compensation (Pick 15) The 4th rounder is literally just in there to sweeten the deal, it's neither here or there. Most great players aren't in the 4th round. We get a 3rd rounder back for him which is around the mark of the picks we've been getting in the past 5/6 years.)

S?
(We value Wingard higher than Burton as do Port, therefore they demand a high compensation (Pick 15) The 4th rounder is literally just in there to sweeten the deal, it's neither here or there. Most great players aren't in the 4th round. We get a 3rd rounder back for him which is around the mark of the picks we've been getting in the past 5/6 years.)
Yes I gather we rate him higher hence trading him in.
But still doesn't explain how we gave them:- Burton + #15 + #35 + a future 4th rounder & only got Chad & a future 3rd back?

But still doesn't explain how we gave them:- Burton + #15 + #35 + a future 4th rounder & only got Chad & a future 3rd back?

Because that’s the deal agreed to by our list management folk and the campaigners from Port. That’s all the explanation you need.

You will look back on this in 4 years time and laugh at what we gave up for this guy when those 3 draft picks we gave them are no longer on Ports list and Wingard is a premiership player.

Only loss out the deal was Burton.

Really, if you cancel out the semi-equivalent parts, we

Gave: Burton (second in rising star, quiet latest season) and 15 + Future fourth Rounder (sweetener)

For: Wingard (proven AA).

It's essentially two first rounders (Burton is high class, but not consistently proven yet) for a proven all australian who, going on his stats in the last half of 2018, is still only just tapping into his potential. I'm happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This I don't get?
We gave 4 items:- Burton & 3 picks & get back Chad & only 1 pick?
How does that equate can someone please Pauline me & explain it.
I think posters here missed what you meant. Are you trying to ask why we give up 4 items and get back 2?? Therefor we have two less spots than when we had Burton plus picks? If that’s the case then no, we don’t have to get back the two missing items from port as clubs don’t have to trade in even numbers but can make up the senior list by either having one or two less players or use rookie draft to add to your list. I hope all that makes sense to you.

I see the post alluding to how useless the additional picks are to anyone - future 3rd and 4th rounders are and what purpose overall do they serve. But like throwing in a set of extra salad servers - useless

Except when people see Wrighty’s past results with 3rd and 4th round picks - then clubs can’t wait to take them from us.

That would include Tom, Jars and Jaeger wouldn’t it - great bonding time if that’s the case

I most certainly should’ve included the clause “physically deemed able” and never been.
I’d highly doubt Jags or Sculls would be climbing. Jags possibly up but no way they’d load those knees coming down.
I’d guess...
Chad
Jars
Scrimmers
Dan
Rick
Harry
Jimmi
Jackson
Dylan
Minch
CJ
Mitch
Conor x 2
Ollie
Cuzzy

I think posters here missed what you meant. Are you trying to ask why we give up 4 items and get back 2?? Therefor we have two less spots than when we had Burton plus picks? If that’s the case then no, we don’t have to get back the two missing items from port as clubs don’t have to trade in even numbers but can make up the senior list by either having one or two less players or use rookie draft to add to your list. I hope all that makes sense to you.
Yes thanks MS finally someone has shown me the light champ.

I think for us in 2019, Chad will have to spend a 70/30 split in the midfield/forward line for us to make in roads to the sides above us.
I see his X-factor etc more valuable to us in the middle than in the forward line which already is one of our strength areas.

I agree he will play lots midfield but our forward line isn't anything special Gunston & Bruest aside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back