Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to hear that Chad was impressive on the Kokoda track.

Was not compulsory to go, but he took the option to get involved and jumped straight in to it.

One wonders if those with sleeve tattoos will regret them when they are 50-60. Ughhhhh
I like his sleeves. The design is very tasteful and of high quality and I'm sure each piece was chosen thoughtfully with special meaning to him. Sure, it'll fade and warp a bit with time and wrinkles but I doubt he'll regret the choice providing he did choose the designs with consideration to things that are important to him.

Agree, don't think were bad at it - just think there's a difference with being great at it.
That's the beauty of the Hawthorn footy club's great premiership winning/threatening teams.
They played scorching attacking footy, and sometimes brutal defensive footy, whatever was necessary.
But the style was glorious amongst the forwards, some of the greatest ever marks of the Sherrin ripped it apart in both regular and the biggest of games wearing brown and gold.

Don't think it would be unhealthy to find more marking forwards, and better systems of getting it to them so that goals are less of a struggle to manufacture and more of a tidal wave that other teams can't stop.

I'd rather we averaged 100 pts and gave up 80, than average 80 and give up 60.
Too much pressure being perfect down back and never letting an opposition great player off the hook, rather than being impossible to stop yourself.
Agree 100%. Every single one of our 13 premierships we averaged more than 100 points per game!! That says something about the Hawthorn Way!
Under clarko our averages were eerily similar in all 4 flags.
2008- 111 points
2013- 113 points
2014- 112 points
2015- 109 points

2012 ? - 119 points but we stuffed that up on the big day.
Anyway, it goes to show if we’re scoring freely then lot of things are working. In 2018 our average in the first month was well above 100 but we ended up with 89 points per game by the end. Even when we were winning, we struggled to score for long periods of the game and that’s because rough is half the player he was ( understandably) and Cyril pull the pin early! Let’s hope Chad helps out Breust and Gunner to release pressureoff those two next year and our mids spread the scoring more often then usual.

Only reason why I haven't got a tattoo - they just look s**t when you get older.. and I mean s**t.

If your tattoos looking bad when you're older is the most of your worries, I think you're a pretty lucky old person.

Probably not a good reason to get a tattoo unless the tattoo is ‘this s**t tattoo is the least of my worries’ ;)
I think getting them is a good idea, you need something to complain about when you're older

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well.. I'm not going to be thinking, "you know, I've had a pretty happy life, I'm quite content looking like a s**t bogan hipster".

To each their own, though.
Why didn't you just post this in the first place.

Well.. I'm not going to be thinking, "you know, I've had a pretty happy life, I'm quite content looking like a s**t bogan hipster".

To each their own, though.

Bogan hipster? Not sure that’s a thing.

It sounds like Port was a club he grew up loving, but it became a place in which he couldn't fully give himself.
Something not quite right with that club for a while now and it seems, by looking at their BF board, that more than a few of their supporters share that view.

Contested marking is not our strong suit/not our game plan, I think a bit of both is fair, there are times we could take contested marks and don't even attempt it and times we do and fail.

We were 5th in the league for marks inside 50, but 3rd in the league for marks overall. At the same time we were 12th for contested marks. So we are good at uncontested marks, finding space, nothing has changed there.

We were also 5th for inside 50s, so we aren't as terrible converting opportunities into marks in general as we believe ourselves to be, the teams above us in both lists are the teams with more inside 50s

Collingwood, West Coast, Richmond and Melbourne.

So while we may think we suck going forward, we got the ball in there a lot, marked it a lot and kicked goals a lot (6th best offense during H&A)

I think the contested marking issue is highlighted too much because we all would like to see more of it and we remember that one time player x couldn't hold a mark and we lost
We don’t suck at going forward, and we’re terrific at locking it in between the wing and the 50. I think a lot of us are concerned with the lack of contested marking based on what happens next, the kick it to the top of the square game plan. It would be good to not have those repeat entries land with strong marking opposition defenders.

I was going to get a small hawk on my shoulder after our 3peat and one of my kids said “it wouldn’t be long before it was looking like an old buzzard at your age” :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back