Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait to see how Chad goes in a game style that doesn't have 18 men lined up behind the ball, what Hinkley has done with Port in the last 4 seasons is absolutely criminal.

Always found it hard to like chad, mainly because of his arrogance plus he played some very good games against us. Funny how you dislike the best players in other teams!
Those reasons alone will be exactly why I will love him at Hawthorn! Welcome Chad can’t wait to see what you can do in the brown and gold

Never thought he would leave his home state and always got s**t scared playing against him because of the freakish things he can do. Now hes on our side and all hell will break loose. The scary thing is we haven’t seen the best of him!

A friend works for the dogs and told me he would end up there, very very happy he was wrong!
Sad for Burton but maybe he'll never become the Mid I thought he would.
Hoping Chad plays 60-40 Mid-Forward.

Trollz for the lulz.

You can stick with Stringer mate.

Honestly not trolling. Maybe shouldn’t have gone so hard on Wingard but my point is serious. I thought Burton was a gun? Yeah maybe Wingard is not flaky but I wouldn’t rate him as the type of player you would give up a 10 year star for. Seriously not trying to troll, just interested in what the play is here.

Yes. Confident cocksure lippy talented player who is capable of a the big plays in the highest pressure moments.
Will create a great dynamic with The Prince as the opposition fans heads explode trying to figure out which one they want to boo more...

And this is why we got him. In two finals we were a bit vanilla - not bad but vanilla. Finals require game breakers, risk takers, arrogant brilliance - think Buddy and Cyril. It's the final final get you over a line play. Hopefully that's Wingard

Honestly not trolling. Maybe shouldn’t have gone so hard on Wingard but my point is serious. I thought Burton was a gun? Yeah maybe Wingard is not flaky but I wouldn’t rate him as the type of player you would give up a 10 year star for. Seriously not trying to troll, just interested in what the play is here.
Wingard is proven elite, Burton only potential.
Clarko clearly rates Wingard higher

And this is why we got him. In two finals we were a bit vanilla - not bad but vanilla. Finals require game breakers, risk takers, arrogant brilliance - think Buddy and Cyril. It's the final final get you over a line play. Hopefully that's Wingard
We were a clear level below in both finals.
Our 'composure' and polish players didn't fire.
Our grunt players weren't enough (not to mention O'Meara absent in the second and Mitchell targeted in that game).

Wingard adds a lot of star power.

This is so much like the Burgoyne trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You gotta give quality to get quality. We do good deals mate.

We rate Burton. But we rate Chad through the roof.

What's the theory on Burton? You just gave up a 10 year star for an inconsistent, flaky forward / mid. Why on earth would Wright do that? Is Burton injured? Attitude? what is it, I'm at a loss.

No idea. If Wingard stars for us or (not wanting this) Burton doesn't turn out then it'll look like a master stroke. Lap of the gods, lap of the gods.

What's the theory on Burton? You just gave up a 10 year star for an inconsistent, flaky forward / mid. Why on earth would Wright do that? Is Burton injured? Attitude? what is it, I'm at a loss.

What’s the theory on the drug cheating? Did Hird think he’d get away with it? Was the pressure from the board to deliver a flag too much and he got seduced by shortcuts? Did Bomber introduce him to some dealers? Was he just a campaigner who enjoyed experimenting on kids to further his own glory? What is it, I’m at a loss.

Always found it hard to like chad, mainly because of his arrogance plus he played some very good games against us. Funny how you dislike the best players in other teams!
Those reasons alone will be exactly why I will love him at Hawthorn! Welcome Chad can’t wait to see what you can do in the brown and gold
How much would you hate Sicily if he played for someone else? Heaps

Plays for us...and he is my favourite

What’s the theory on the drug cheating? Did Hird think he’d get away with it? Was the pressure from the board to deliver a flag too much and he got seduced by shortcuts? Did Bomber introduce him to some dealers? Was he just a campaigner who enjoyed experimenting on kids to further his own glory? What is it, I’m at a loss.

Nice chat.

You gotta give quality to get quality. We do good deals mate.

We rate Burton. But we rate Chad through the roof.

Yeah I think the main point here is that Clarkson (Hawks) have often been on the edge of loopy (from the outside) but it has seen huge rewards. Maybe this is just another “loopy” move that is just a step ahead again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back