Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You can laugh it off but that's all the bloke does. Sits on his ass playing it, calf injuries are usually a sign of overloaded where your body isnt used to the load. Hasn't done the work required

Utter load of bull****.
2 x All Australian.

Was for the last half of 2018 used as Ports “go to” man through the midfield.
Had had an elite runners preseason. Training as a mid/forward.

I will say that possibly the 30/70 split mid/fwd at Port and the difference in PS loading being required for a 60/40 mid/Fwd role may have contributed.

No player at the PAFC or HFC is a lazy video game playing bastard that just gets gifted a gig in the AFL. You’re a complete dillusional twat if you actually believe the garbage you’ve offered here.
They are suspended and eventually sacked if their work ethic and numbers are not of standard... no matter the ability of the player.

Utter load of bull****.
2 x All Australian.

Was for the last half of 2018 used as Ports “go to” man through the midfield.
Had had an elite runners preseason. Training as a mid/forward.

I will say that possibly the 30/70 split mid/fwd at Port and the difference in PS loading being required for a 60/40 mid/Fwd role may have contributed.

No player at the PAFC or HFC is a lazy video game playing bastard that just gets gifted a gig in the AFL. You’re a complete dillusional twat if you actually believe the garbage you’ve offered here.
They are suspended and eventually sacked if their work ethic and numbers are not of standard... no matter the ability of the player.

100% agree

Have huge concerns on this blokes work ethic now
He was addicted to fortnite at Port and barely trained. Seems a recurring theme if you ask me. He better pull his s**t together and start being what we gave up to get him. Round 1 is now a complete write off

He is addicted to playing fornite.

I heard he parachuted into Waverley on day 1, pulled out a machete and then sliced up the old seats at Waverley and used the wood to build himself a house.

He currently resides just behind the Kennedy statue.

He was rather durable at Port Adelaide, this isn't a great start for our new fitness guru.

He was for a while but the past 3 years he's missed some games through calf injuries.

Not sure how they can rule a guy out with a calf 3 weeks before round 1... there's no confirmation of a tear, how can they say calf tightness has ruled him out? There has to be something else.

Not a great start for our new fitness regime.

Calf injuries seem like one of those things that it's much better to be conservative with. Bennell, Deledio and Wells are the most high profile recent cases and none of those three have been able to stay on the park.

Wouldn't say it's not a great start for the new fitness regime, but it's not a great sign for Chad considering calf problems seem to linger.

for what its worth Chad's body has always run into trouble when heavy loads are put on him, i think its best for the Hawks to be happy with him being a 40 goal forward pocket rather than rotating through the midfield, thats his best position anyway

It's seems most of the time it's the most exciting and explosive athletes that are marred with recurring issues. It's a shame, like the universe understands that if they were able to do everything that it might not be fair.

for what its worth Chad's body has always run into trouble when heavy loads are put on him, i think its best for the Hawks to be happy with him being a 40 goal forward pocket rather than rotating through the midfield, thats his best position anyway

Sounds like the Cyril conundrum all over again.

The Hawks offloaded Burton to land Port Adelaide star Chad Wingard, who Gunston has been impressed with this pre-season.
“Chad’s been great. Until this little niggle, he’s had a really good pre-season,” he said.
“He’s slotted in nicely and I can see him and Luke Breust arguing over the number one small-defender.
“He’s just got that x-factor and can read the ball really well.
“He’s a bit touch-and-go for Round 1 which is a bit disappointing, but come the end of the year you don’t really remember who plays Round 1 or Round 2.”
Wingard suffered a calf setback at training earlier in the week and is in doubt for Round 1.

Have huge concerns on this blokes work ethic now
He was addicted to fortnite at Port and barely trained. Seems a recurring theme if you ask me. He better pull his s**t together and start being what we gave up to get him. Round 1 is now a complete write off

Haha!

Has SHAKEPEARE an alternate login?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was for a while but the past 3 years he's missed some games through calf injuries.

Calf injuries seem like one of those things that it's much better to be conservative with. Bennell, Deledio and Wells are the most high profile recent cases and none of those three have been able to stay on the park.

Wouldn't say it's not a great start for the new fitness regime, but it's not a great sign for Chad considering calf problems seem to linger.

He's never missed more than what ? 4 games in a season ? So I'd define that as durable.

He's never missed more than what ? 4 games in a season ? So I'd define that as durable.
Correct
He missed 4 games in 2016 with a Hammy and 4 in 2017 with an ankle injury

Last year he had a couple of minor hamstring issues as well but only missed one game in the end as some of the problems were during the preseason

see above, he's had hamstring issues and an ankle injury but he hasn't missed games due to calf injuries

The Hawks offloaded Burton to land Port Adelaide star Chad Wingard, who Gunston has been impressed with this pre-season.
“Chad’s been great. Until this little niggle, he’s had a really good pre-season,” he said.
“He’s slotted in nicely and I can see him and Luke Breust arguing over the number one small-defender.
“He’s just got that x-factor and can read the ball really well.
“He’s a bit touch-and-go for Round 1 which is a bit disappointing, but come the end of the year you don’t really remember who plays Round 1 or Round 2.”
Wingard suffered a calf setback at training earlier in the week and is in doubt for Round 1.
X (box) factor?

He he

Obviously disappointing and our pre-season hasn't been one to get excited about this year, but new recruits getting niggles and being managed conservatively in their first pre-season at Hawthorn is nothing new.

Obviously disappointing and our pre-season hasn't been one to get excited about this year, but new recruits getting niggles and being managed conservatively in their first pre-season at Hawthorn is nothing new.

Makes the trip over to watch round 1 less exciting though.. Hopefully gets fit for round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back