Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole sitting down and playing PS4 theory is silly.

What if he injured himself whilst playing a Game and Watch whilst standing up? Has anyone considered that as a possibility?
It's a bit odd isn't it, I don't remember anyone blaming Call of Duty for injuries which every athlete was playing but that was more of a traditional FPS, I think it's just people shaking their old man sticks at the new thing. I say that as someone that dies a little inside seeing kids do their fortnite dances.

I remember Gibson and Burgoyne missed all their games in early 2010 too. Good signs with Scully and Wingard!

It's a bit odd isn't it, I don't remember anyone blaming Call of Duty for injuries which every athlete was playing but that was more of a traditional FPS, I think it's just people shaking their old man sticks at the new thing. I say that as someone that dies a little inside seeing kids do their fortnite dances.

I remember Gibson and Burgoyne missed all their games in early 2010 too. Good signs with Scully and Wingard!
I heard Burgoyne had those knee issues because he bent over to pick up some hotels for Mayfair (farkn Monopoly Addict)

I'll be microwaving my membership card if he doesn't play first round.
What a disgraceful effort by the club!
Any chance they could recruit someone not injured!
I hate finishing ninth.

It's fun being a Richmond supporter, such a shame they won that GF....:) I miss the good old days.
Gee some here are getting excited.

Cause at port adelaide he barely trained and played fortnite on his ps4. Used to sulk and just play playstation all day, hes addicted to it
What a load of s**t.

LMFAO based on what? Some rumors from Port fans?

He likes a ******* game, so what... He is showing up to training and doing everything asked of him by the club who gives a s**t what he does in his spare time.

This.

I wouldn't be taking anything that those salty power puffs are saying seriously.

He was a god to them and he left them to join us.

As for his off field behavior, I'd rather a player that plays some PS4 in his spare time as opposed to putting his hands up ladies skirts in nightclubs, or snorts white powder off ladies breasts.

Give him some time to get over his injury, then sit back and watch the show.

You can laugh it off but that's all the bloke does. Sits on his ass playing it, calf injuries are usually a sign of overloaded where your body isnt used to the load. Hasn't done the work required
I don't come out to play very often here now so it takes me a bit to get motivated to do so , so well played sir !

You are an ignorant knob !

Not sure how they can rule a guy out with a calf 3 weeks before round 1... there's no confirmation of a tear, how can they say calf tightness has ruled him out? There has to be something else.

Not a great start for our new fitness regime.

Yep... And when he has recovered, Clarko will say that he needs to do a "solid 4 week training block" that will last for 16 weeks... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any updates on Chad? I’m super keen to see him play, I just get the feeling this guy will have another 2-3 all Australian years in him as a Hawk.

Is there any updates on Chad? I’m super keen to see him play, I just get the feeling this guy will have another 2-3 all Australian years in him as a Hawk.

Honestly, I'm unsure.

I've been hearing mixed messages in relation to when he'll be back.

Whether it's Round 1 or Round 10 I'm just going to wait and try to maintain some form of patience.

The guy is a dead set freak and although I couldn't stand him, when he was at Port (because he always played well against us) I definitely respected what he brought to the game.

I can't wait for him to be causing opposition coaches a headache.

Those that question the trade, will be silenced.

The guy is as elite as it gets, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Honestly, I'm unsure.

I've been hearing mixed messages in relation to when he'll be back.

Whether it's Round 1 or Round 10 I'm just going to wait and try to maintain some form of patience.

The guy is a dead set freak and although I couldn't stand him, when he was at Port (because he always played well against us) I definitely respected what he brought to the game.

I can't wait for him to be causing opposition coaches a headache.

Those that question the trade, will be silenced.

The guy is as elite as it gets, sit back and enjoy the ride!

I’ve loved him as a player for a long time, it seems Clarko loves blokes with a bit of campaigner in them and im certainly the same... Sicily/Howe/Smith/Chad... a fair bit of character there

I’ve loved him as a player for a long time, it seems Clarko loves blokes with a bit of campaigner in them and im certainly the same... Sicily/Howe/Smith/Chad... a fair bit of character there

I've got nothing wrong with the campaigner in him, it's more the fact that when he played well, they beat us and they were beating us alot for a few years.

Definitely right about the above mentioned campaigners, looks like Clarko is bringing the unsociable Hawks back.

He's been ruled out for round one, but hopeful some time (shortly) after that. All his scans have been clear which is good. However, there is a slight cloud over why he still has soreness in his calf.

Won’t lie, this is pretty frustrating. Like unwrapping awesome new presents on Christmas morning only to find the required batteries were forgotten and you have to wait a day until the shops open again. Get better ASAP please Chad!

This bloke gets it.

Might as well end the thread now, this sums the situation up perfectly!

He's been ruled out for round one, but hopeful some time (shortly) after that. All his scans have been clear which is good. However, there is a slight cloud over why he still has soreness in his calf.

Thanks for the heads up mate, it's much appreciated.

I was honestly not getting my hopes up of seeing him before Round 5 at a minimum.

Anything earlier than that is just a bonus.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back