Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

True.

Why was there no BUPA report this week? Normally, it's like clockwork every Tuesday about 5.
I don't think we ever give a report over the bye

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
I think it's time to get this Chad Wingard thread back on track, hopefully we can discuss the severity of his hamstring injury soon.

Spot on, I've been having a laugh with a Saints mate about this thread and the 'sky is falling' brigade. Chad is a freak and will make all the naysayers look foolish.

As for the tige bashing, we do have a leader in Burgoyne, he is a pillar of the aboriginal footy community and is definitely an asset to our club and especially our younger aboriginal players. I live in a large and strong aboriginal and non-aboriginal community, we walk as one regardless of the colour of our skin.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bruno Oresar

McDonalds voucher winner
Nov 9, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think anyone takes bupa seriously
I take Bupa updates about as seriously as the prospects of Grant Birchall coming back to the playing field.

In other news I spotted Birch at the 7/11 change of shift relieving Elvis.

I take Bupa updates about as seriously as the prospects of Grant Birchall coming back to the playing field.

And then he gave birth to a baby, and bowled 257!

Give it a rest. Being a campaigner in multiple threads about the same thing is annoying. Hoping you wont last long here

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
At Box Hill yesterday, overhead lots of disgruntled talk about the Chad Wingard trade and the direction the club are going in.
This tends to happen when the club is on the end of a few disappointing losses. There always has to be someone or something to blame. Personally I remain highly optimistic about Wingard. He needs a pre-season and another dozen games to understand the structures but I truly believe this will pay off big time. You do not just lose the talent he has. Stay the course!

Soft as malaxos

Cancelled
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This tends to happen when the club is on the end of a few disappointing losses. There always has to be someone or something to blame. Personally I remain highly optimistic about Wingard. He needs a pre-season and another dozen games to understand the structures but I truly believe this will pay off big time. You do not just lose the talent he has. Stay the course!
Really just needs a decent injury free* run at it. The bloke has flair and the so called X factor in spades. It must also be difficult for a player like him to come into the current Hawthorn system which is highly structured, slow and robotic at times, it really doesn’t lend itself to flair and X factor.

Supporters of the club, the inner sanctum will continue to remain staunch I think in their opinion they've made the right decision.
Supporters are always the most reactive, as they don't have intimate knowledge of the clubs plans and understand both the micro and macro strategy in place in the same way that they club does. Chad will play some excellent footy for us. The short term frustration, particularly when we're losing, is tough though.

Supporters of the club, the inner sanctum will continue to remain staunch I think in their opinion they've made the right decision.
They really need to take more heed of the uninformed angry mob, if you ask me...

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Biggest problem for mine with the Chad is that he's had a shite year with injury.

I'm assuming at least one of these learned chaps attending the VFL on their Saturday has invented a time machine and could rectify any trade based mistakes should they be asked.

I say do it! Also, would they be in a position to retrospectively place any wagers? Asking for a friend.

They really need to take more heed of the uninformed angry mob, if you ask me...

I’m sure HODGEYROAD and all the others at the Box Hill game have many instant solutions to make our club into an unbeatable force.

I’ve been to 2 Box Hill games and had some great discussions with fellow supporters.
Mostly about the terrible food available at the ground.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If I were in Chads shoes I would have been stoked to be having a solid preseason til the calf. Was looking every bit what we were expecting from memory.
Then the calf...
Now in the same shoes you would be feeling a little helpless fitting into a system based forward line that quells some of the creative genius that has made the name for him & had consistent injury to hinder any progress.
Chad would be feeling terrible that he hasn’t been able to contribute.

Being eaten by your own should be the farthest thing from his mind but I’m sure that the narrative of a s**t trade for Hawthorn is getting back.

The guy is a gun & will win game of football off his own boot as well as being a key piece of the rejuvenation of the list moving forward.

Burton & Dursma v Chad isn’t the result but as a collective for Hawthorn Scrimshaw will be better than Burton & Burton gave us the capital to make the trade for a 2 first rd draft pick player that we wouldn’t have otherwise been able to get.

Glad the club isn't run by those people who fire off so quickly.

Surely we're not going to talk about the Chad trade every time he has a good or bad game? We're better than that aren't we?

you might need to go back and dig up the Silk thread and that “pick 9” and that will give you a clue as to whether we’re better than that. Can’t recall how many seasons it took....

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
This tends to happen when the club is on the end of a few disappointing losses. There always has to be someone or something to blame. Personally I remain highly optimistic about Wingard. He needs a pre-season and another dozen games to understand the structures but I truly believe this will pay off big time. You do not just lose the talent he has. Stay the
you might need to go back and dig up the Silk thread and that “pick 9” and that will give you a clue as to whether we’re better than that. Can’t recall how many seasons it took....

Ryan Burton and Xavier Dursma player really well last while Chad was injured.....again...

Ryan Burton and Xavier Dursma player really well last while Chad was injured.....again...

Can you believe it - how ******* dare he go and injure himself. He’ll stoop to anything to get out of having to play

Back