Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked way better this week. Very clean through manic pressure. I think his skills even hurt him on the weekend, picking the ball up cleanly duped the umps into thinking he has 'Prior'

Played a great game, he must of been seriously annoyed that he didn’t convert those three points

Looking forward to him getting better and better and sending the middle finger to Cornes and Tredrea

I still can’t believe that some people questioned Chad’s character based on the evidence we have. If anyone wants to have a giggle then go and look at his instagram story, you’ll get a good insight into the person he is too.

The rumour mongers are becoming awfully silent now... Chad will force them to eat their words in due time.

Played a great game, he must of been seriously annoyed that he didn’t convert those three points

Looking forward to him getting better and better and sending the middle finger to Cornes and Tredrea

If he's 100% those are goals. That's why it's exciting. He's a bloke with that 25-30 disposal 2-3 goal potential.

Just got to see the last quarter and a bit on TV for the first time.
He was far better than I thought. Has a unique ability like Conor Nash (who only with handballing, hopefully only at this stage and he will kick also like Chad) to know where he is putting the ball before he gets it and then not missing the football. Hodge had that.

Other great players with ball disposal finding free ppl such as Mitchell or Sicily have a great ability to know how to buy time without getting tackled so then put it where they need it to be.

Both at the end of the day are equal skills in some ways... and 90% of footballers don't have either at this level, As they achieve the same thing but it was much more noticeable on TV that at a game with Chad he knew where he was going. I will say you can't necessarily see the far side of the contest. When it 's a pack, I've said this before when your happily in standing room at the G. On TV you can see on top of the contest so you can see everything. He looked far better on TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he tries to, Wingard put on an absolute show after Hodgey did that.

Whenever some spud calls him 'soft', that's the first game I think of. I miss that Chad Wingard, I hope given time he can rediscover that passion with your mob.

Whenever some spud calls him 'soft', that's the first game I think of. I miss that Chad Wingard, I hope given time he can rediscover that passion with your mob.

Wingard has always struck me as a bloke who plays hard when he's angry. Never sure where he got the soft title from.

Not sustainable if he needs to be angry to play well

Nobody said that, but it's a nice bonus. Good 'big game' player stuff. He plays spectacularly when angry.

Cyril was the same, every time the opposition tried to get into him he'd just step it up a notch and embarrass them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back