Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say he looks happy with us. Constant footage of him bantering and joking around with the lads. Get the feeling his team mates like him and I didn't get that vibe at Port.

He even felt comfortable enough to give Smith the old John hopaoate in the huddle

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had a laugh when he did that. Wasn’t it to the player on his opposite side as well?

Gee we do angst well

The debate about who wins a trade, or who is a better player, is generally subjective with little or no definitive outcome.
That however should never stop us from indulging in the sport.
Even the "I was right I win" attitude can work when applied to a minimal sample size (ie one action, one quarter, one game)

As each week goes by I've seen things from Wingard that I never noticed (when he was playing for Port)
I'll be the first to admit that he's a lot better player than I ever thought.
(Which probably reflects my Hawthorn bias)
The anger and angst has it's place but I reckon finding out just where his ceiling lies is going to be a hell of a lot more fun

The s.a footy environment is toxic, a lot of players do well once they get out.

It is no suprise that a freakishly talented footballer is doing well is a good environment with team mates he gets a long with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlies Angels GIF - CharliesAngels Chad TomGreen GIFs

If you want some good reading, check the Port general chat thread. I like seeing them talk fondly of Chad and how good he is going :)

The vast majority of us don't blame Chad for leaving, we blame the absolute muppets running the show at the moment for pressuring him out. Hopefully a fair few of them will be sacked by this time tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back