Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams will start targeting him more now that it's clear he's our barometer and best performer. O'Meara is our other player who can win the ball out of the middle and threaten the scoreboard when he goes forward. We need him to remain dangerous too otherwise teams will be able to focus their energies on stopping Wingard.

I hope we'll have to stop with the Cyril comparisons - Wingerz is a different kind of player. The type of forward/mid hybrid which (apart from 5-6 weeks of Will Langford magic at the end of 2014) was probably the only thing lacking in all our successful years. Our most prolific midfielders (some of them future Hall of Famers) weren't noted goal kickers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone mentioned before that Chad is our marquee player. That is spot on!
we don’t have a super star at the moment. Mitchell is working his way back but isn’t someone you brand a club off. Jags is looking like the ever solid soldier.
Sicily looking to be the only real exception.
We are currently a team of solid contributors that are surrounded by foot soldiers.
In all honesty we should be doing just about anything to get a Bont, Crips, Jezza who can change a game and rally the troops. won’t happen.
Wingard was worth everything that was paid and then some. He just needs a bit more support and a change in forward 50 entries coaching to get a premiership or two.

Was really poor last night, but I don't like seeing him playing mostly forward, I assume Clarko is doing it to offset the loss of Bruest which I can understand, but we just need Bruest back badly.

Feel for the bloke must be s**t looking up and having no options fwd cause they all stand still and don’t lead to the ball carrier. Real testament to him that he hasn’t lost his s**t yet I know I would of.

OMG He missed a goal from straight in front! And he shanked some kicks!! I have lost patience with him. Send him to box hill and bring in an untried rookie listed player I have never seen play!!!

Oh wait...this isn't the Tim O'Brien thread :drunk:

Was a tough night for Chad. But you know it burns him and he will be back A few more with his care factor will help.

Was a tough night for Chad. But you know it burns him and he will be back A few more with his care factor will help.
Was a tough night for any hawk forward of centre. Only Gunstan able to really get involved. Poor Josh Morris had to debut at the worst possible time and Chad must have been bored out of his mind with no ball coming in.

I hope we'll have to stop with the Cyril comparisons - Wingerz is a different kind of player. The type of forward/mid hybrid which (apart from 5-6 weeks of Will Langford magic at the end of 2014) was probably the only thing lacking in all our successful years. Our most prolific midfielders (some of them future Hall of Famers) weren't noted goal kickers.
While that is true Hodge and Lewis could kick bags up forward. Kicked 6 and 4 against doggies in 07 i think. And Lewis bagged 5 on heath Shaw as a defensive forward while causing Shaw to lose the plot and have like 15 clangers.

Would like to see him with a bit more midfield time. Still predominantly forward, but the split looks 30/70 now, would prefer 40/60, just to get him into the game a bit

I'd like to see the split be 75/25 in midfield way, far better midfielder than he is forward these days and it has been that way since 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back