Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah no sh*t - didn’t think that was up for debate?

Aren’t we debating the ‘why’ we weren’t putting them there?

I was responding to your overly convoluted explanations as to why we were not playing him in midfield. Rather than a lame attempt at being condescending wouldn’t it be simple to just admit your arguments aren’t great?
You don’t have to be Einstein to work out why he’s not in there, and it has been explained a few times.

We are trying to see what the 2021 set up would look like, and we’re testing a number of players to see if they are worthy of another contract.

Worpel and Tom are core inside mids. That’s their job. They will be in there every week.

Clarkson will continue to trial set ups and others through their each week with them, like Cousins, Minchington, Glass, Howe and maybe even Ollie and Day. But he’s not going to be putting Wingard into the middle full time during this period. I think that’s pretty clear.

People are judging him on reputation and not his attitude at the club, it’s crap. Never have I questioned his effort or work rate at the Hawks.

he is playing sh*t footy but he so are a lot of people, he should be at worst. 50/50 mid forward. He is being wasted.

when u say people i think u might actually mean person...

You don’t have to be Einstein to work out why he’s not in there, and it has been explained a few times.

We are trying to see what the 2021 set up would look like, and we’re testing a number of players to see if they are worthy of another contract.

Worpel and Tom are core inside mids. That’s their job. They will be in there every week.

Clarkson will continue to trial others through their each week with them, like Cousins, Minchington, Glass, Howe and maybe even Ollie and Day. But he’s not going to be putting Wingard into the middle full time. It’s clear.
Exactly , we already know how elite chad in the midfield is but there’s no point playing him there as we aren’t making finals. Need to trial cousins in there etc.

In the compressed season and without the incentive of playing for finals, it looks like we want to play him every game so are playing him forward rather than mid and then having a couple of games off.

[/QUOTE]
Currently that may be true, But unless Clarkson gave up on our season about 8 games ago it doesn’t make much sense.
Exactly , we already know how elite chad in the midfield is but there’s no point playing him there as we aren’t making finals. Need to trial cousins in there etc.
He wasn't in the middle when finals were on the line though, this is not a new change.

Yeah, he does.

Either way both of us a speculating, what we do know though is we paid a high price in a trade and we don't currently have a top 50 player in the comp. Much like the Jaeger deal, high price in a trade but isn't currently in the top 50 players in the competition.

I like Jaeger and Chad, but at this stage the club has paid an elite footballer price for players that only good players not elite sadly.

Praps the work wasn't put in pre-season for a bigger midfield role? I mean coaching groups do plan & train these things over summer, I'd have him in that mix and demand a big pre-season going into next year he can do it.

Currently that may be true, But unless Clarkson gave up on our season about 8 games ago it doesn’t make much sense.

He wasn't in the middle when finals were on the line though, this is not a new change.

not full time but once Breust came back in and finals were on the line i definitely saw him attend a fair few CBA's and would've been at least 75/25 compared to yesterday which he played like 90/10 fwd

Last edited:
Either way both of us a speculating
Huh?

So I’m speculating that he is Interested?

because it’s not like we can see that he is, that he’s chasing and tackling and pushing up and down the ground....

That’s speculation?

Huh?

So I’m speculating that he is Interested?

because it’s not like we can see that he is, that he’s chasing and tackling and pushing up and down the ground....

That’s speculation?

Yeah you're speculating because what I'm seeing ATM he looks half arsed, only Chad really knows though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you're speculating because what I'm seeing ATM he looks half arsed, only Chad really knows though.
Yeah, well when you apply a lens of woe to everything, that’s probably the case.

Nope, Dangerfield has been playing forward as much as possible - only goes into the midfield when the game is on the line

Yeah outside of Hawthorn I'm not watching as much footy as normal this year, that's a nice luxury for Geelong can cruise along in the top 4 without even needing Danger midfield for long extended periods.

You're pretty pessimistic in general though. When Wingers has been in the middle he has absolutely proven himself to be elite. We've seen and so have the Port fans who come in here to vent their frustration that he's being played forward. Why he isn't played there is what we all want to know and only Clarko can tell us. If anything I think Wingard himself is a little frustrated with not being played there.

I just can't fathom why people are picking him out for not doing much up forward when we're getting completely slaughtered in the middle? I mean Breust didn't exactly do much in the second half. It's almost like small forwards don't have much impact when the ball doesn't reach your forward 50. I'm shocked!

Also, I'm pretty sure Wingard slept with The Offerman 's mum or something. He has a really unhealthy grudge.

You don't need to apply a lens of woe to discuss how rubbish we've been this season.
Right, but now you’ve decided that Wingard isn’t interested because of that.

You're pretty pessimistic in general though. When Wingers has been in the middle he has absolutely proven himself to be elite. We've seen and so have the Port fans who come in here to vent their frustration that he's being played forward. Why he isn't played there is what we all want to know and only Clarko can tell us. If anything I think Wingard himself is a little frustrated with not being played there.

I just can't fathom why people are picking him out for not doing much up forward when we're getting completely slaughtered in the middle? I mean Breust didn't exactly do much in the second half. It's almost like small forwards don't have much impact when the ball doesn't reach your forward 50. I'm shocked!

Also, I'm pretty sure Wingard slept with The Offerman 's mum or something. He has a really unhealthy grudge.

Yeah well I've been on record saying that I pretty much want him permanent mid, but for some reason our great coach sees it differently.

As for being pessimistic, I predicted us to finish 6th this season so in hindsight it turns out I was stupidly optimistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back