Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that we now have Scrimshaw, Jiath and Impey at HB.

Something has to give at some point
We won’t have Imp for half the year at least, but it will be interesting to see what CJ can do in that time.

Still very raw but has the athletic tools and the courage/commitment plus the apparent desire to get better. Worth investing games into him in next 12 months as adds some missing x-factor.

Had to laugh when CJ spoiled a kick that was about to hit Sicily in the breadbasket just outside our forward 50. Credit to Sic he took it in his stride and helped CJ up. Sic might have lost it in a previous life.

You could tell that Sic was pi**ed off with someone getting in his way. Bit his tongue and moved on though

His the type of player that just needs a license to run, we have some really good young players to watch, it is exciting!

Couple of great efforts spinning out of tackles and dishing it off. Spun with ferocity, too! I liked it.
Such a tired phrase but * it - he doesn’t look out of place. Gets the game plan and links up well with his team mates and yeah you’re right - these kind of moves show that he has confidence. Clearly has heaps of athleticism but I liked his game sense too. Anyway game two ...

but I’m sold

he looks bloody good for a second gamer... He did that one handed pickup at full pace and you just knew he belonged. He seriously looks a natural reader to

The development down at hawks is first class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching him at the ground yesterday he just seemed like he wanted to be out there and in every contest. It was like the coaches words were ringing in his ears..not yet CJ...not yet... and then like a puppy when given the opportunity he went a hundred miles an hour

There is a big future there for him and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders

I felt like he struggled with the speed of the game at times which meant he was very hurried with his disposal.
But that will improve with more game time so I really hope he gets to play WC this weekend because that will be another level again.

Nobody knows what it is, but CJ has ‘it’.

Yesterday he seemed to have an incredible ability to always get a disposal away, even when under great pressure or being tackled. He would either spin out of trouble and quickly dispose of the ball or just find a way to get his hands free. This trait will serve him well at AFL level, especially at the pace that he plays.

There was one burst of speed that made me gasp, and he rode tackles really well. He felt impactful at the ground.

Is just a little slow to get rid of it and reacted poorly at times when the ball was in the air, all things that experience can fix. He is too used to a slower pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back