burner1

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Still very raw but has the athletic tools and the courage/commitment plus the apparent desire to get better. Worth investing games into him in next 12 months as adds some missing x-factor.

Hawks1994

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Had to laugh when CJ spoiled a kick that was about to hit Sicily in the breadbasket just outside our forward 50. Credit to Sic he took it in his stride and helped CJ up. Sic might have lost it in a previous life.
You could tell that Sic was pi**ed off with someone getting in his way. Bit his tongue and moved on though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Couple of great efforts spinning out of tackles and dishing it off. Spun with ferocity, too! I liked it.
Such a tired phrase but fu** it - he doesn’t look out of place. Gets the game plan and links up well with his team mates and yeah you’re right - these kind of moves show that he has confidence. Clearly has heaps of athleticism but I liked his game sense too. Anyway game two ...

but I’m sold

Cyrillic

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watching him at the ground yesterday he just seemed like he wanted to be out there and in every contest. It was like the coaches words were ringing in his ears..not yet CJ...not yet... and then like a puppy when given the opportunity he went a hundred miles an hour

There is a big future there for him and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders

SuperSic

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nobody knows what it is, but CJ has ‘it’.

Yesterday he seemed to have an incredible ability to always get a disposal away, even when under great pressure or being tackled. He would either spin out of trouble and quickly dispose of the ball or just find a way to get his hands free. This trait will serve him well at AFL level, especially at the pace that he plays.

Jables

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Giants, Hornets, Bulls
There was one burst of speed that made me gasp, and he rode tackles really well. He felt impactful at the ground.

Is just a little slow to get rid of it and reacted poorly at times when the ball was in the air, all things that experience can fix. He is too used to a slower pace.

Top Bottom