Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

AlwaysHawks15

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Teams are now starting to pay attention to CJ and see him as a threat to them winning. Not sure if anyone saw it on Monday in the last couple of minutes when he took posession in the back half and was than swamped by at least 3-4 cats players with real urgency. Its a feather in his cap already that this seems to be starting to happen.

ML4Hodgy

Senior List
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Only Hawthorn player to get Coaches votes in every game this year
Interestingly, CJ has only had votes from 1 coach in each of the three games. Two x 1 vote, and 1 x 4 votes.
Given it’s happened in all 3 games, you’d think it’d have to be Clarko giving them to him.
He’s obviously doing the right thing internally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Crawshay

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I asked my old man what he thought about CJ after the Richmond game and his reply was "He was simultaneously both our best and our worst player on the day" I had to think about it but it made sense.

Once he eliminates the bad (which he is doing week by week) we will be left with an absolute gem of a player.

Desslok

Debutant
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I sat at the game on Easter Monday in absolute awe of Jaith. This guy is rolled gold. Plays the game with dare and actively looks to launch the hawks forward at every opportunity (*cough* something i wish more of my side had). He's gotta be in the conversation for all australian squad based on what we've seen so far this year.

offtherails9

Premiership Player
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I sat at the game on Easter Monday in absolute awe of Jaith. This guy is rolled gold. Plays the game with dare and actively looks to launch the hawks forward at every opportunity (*cough* something i wish more of my side had). He's gotta be in the conversation for all australian squad based on what we've seen so far this year.
Dunno why but I almost get emotional/excited whenever the entire crowd would just shout CJ whenever the ball was in his area. Such a feel good story.

Judd2Sewell

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
He may have 1 vote. Probably none.

We get no votes in losses and rarely get all 3 votes in wins. Has always been the way.
Mitchell won the Brownlow just three seasons ago, he must have been getting the votes from somewhere.

Roger Rogerson

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Malvern East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks mate. Last player I went to games to watch was Cyril. Now we have another. He is an athletic freak. Still a long way off AA level.

Remove this Banner Ad