Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wait to get back to the G to watch this guy!

I think I've pointed it out before, but I'll say it again just in case.

His kicking is really less of an issue when he's tearing through the middle on a fast counter, as it catches teams out of position regularly.

Really looking forward to seeing where Mitchell plays him next season. Hopefully a mix of HBF and Wing. Maybe if Mitchell wants an extra man around the ball he could start at the HFF and push right up the field, he certainly has the tank for it.

Covers what was said during the above interview, I'm excited to see the improvement in our younger players over the next few years
That’s two questions from Sam, including the one overheard to Nash that really forces a thought process from the player that helps them improve.

we should start a tally

Would recommend anyone have a listen, great interview and a fair few laughs.

Two things from a team perspective that stood out, CJ talks about is his bond with T.Mitchell and Scrimshaw, they sounds really close but are pushing eachother all the time, all sound desperate for success to.

The other was CJs wraps for Scrim, but the poor result of Crimmins medal will be a big driver from him.

Mitchell aint leavin either! Have I said I'm excited for pre season...

Would recommend anyone have a listen, great interview and a fair few laughs.

Two things from a team perspective that stood out, CJ talks about is his bond with T.Mitchell and Scrimshaw, they sounds really close but are pushing eachother all the time, all sound desperate for success to.

The other was CJs wraps for Scrim, but the poor result of Crimmins medal will be a big driver from him.

Mitchell aint leavin either! Have I said I'm excited for pre season...
He was big on Will Day as the next breakout star!

Good interview and obviously a really good kid.

Enjoyed the insight about S.Mitchell - in the middle of a jovial conversation, just asks pointedly "why aren't you playing AFL footy? You can do this, you can do this" - gives the player the responsibility for asking what it is about their performance that needs development and simultaneously shows that Mitch can see his potential. Little practices like this help inspire people to get the best out of themselves.

Hey Hawks Crew!

CJ jumped on the poddy with Dyl for this week's ep of Dyl and Friends, and thought it might be of interest!

Super humble bloke considering his family's journey from war-torn Sudan. Amazing dose of perspective!

Nice and humble guy and hope he has a super 2022 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dipper ---> Crawf ---> Burgoyne ---> CJ

Love it

No pressure CJ. Without doing a thorough analysis, the previous 3 wearers of that number have:
- received 2 x brownlows
- played in 10 x premierships
- played in more than 50 finals
- represented Australia at least 5 times
- are all (? I think) Hawthorn life members
- were all vfl/Australia circa 7 times

What a jumper to be in.

No pressure CJ. Without doing a thorough analysis, the previous 3 wearers of that number have:
- received 2 x brownlows
- played in 10 x premierships
- played in more than 50 finals
- represented Australia at least 5 times
- are all (? I think) Hawthorn life members
- were all vfl/Australia circa 7 times

What a jumper to be in.

Dipper - 5 flags, 1 chaz
Crawf - 1 flag, 1 chaz
Burgoyne - 3 flags

Dipper mentioned another player that won a flag prior to him. That's likely flags in each decade from the 70's onwards.

An amazingly storied number.

I also like the diversity of it, as Dipper pointed out - Italian, Country lad, Aboriginal and now Sudanese. Simply brilliant.

Dipper - 5 flags, 1 chaz
Crawf - 1 flag, 1 chaz
Burgoyne - 3 flags

Dipper mentioned another player that won a flag prior to him. That's likely flags in each decade from the 70's onwards.

An amazingly storied number.

I also like the diversity of it, as Dipper pointed out - Italian, Country lad, Aboriginal and now Sudanese. Simply brilliant.
Brendan Edwards in 1961 and Michael Porter in 1971.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the only year that we've won the flag and the number 9 hasn't been on the field is 1976 iirc.

Love this!

I think I picked this a few weeks back, and geez couldn't be happier with the choice. Going back a bit further, maybe 3 years ago after I'd only had a couple squizzes at Jiath I said he'd win a Brownlow at the club - and that for mine he reminds me of Andrew McLeod. Just an absolute highlight reel and excitement machine.

Yep I think this is a good choice despite the NINEs history of being a midfielder’s number

Ahem....don't look now, but I reckon he's about to wreck the comp as a wingman. His ability to read the ball in flight and get to a contest means he would absolutely terrorize the oppositon backmen trying to kick out or clear their defensive 50.
Reminds me of Cyril in that he can have a massive impact with his possessions.
If he can hit targets regularly, he may have as many goal assists as anyone in the team next year.

This year one of the most impressive players for me ……. electrifying in the air and on the ground, more consistent and showed a big improvement in his decision making/disposal. Should be a walk up start in the best 22 next year ………. he is still developing and could become a gun with the multiple weapons he has in the bag 🤞🙏. The Tigers game earlier in the year sparked the flint for me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back