Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

If this kid puts on some size and power we'll have a seriously great player. Has everything else at this stage but the ability to break a tackle and be free to go with his instincts. Being able to break tackles will be key to his ceiling, if he does then wow!

Of course we knew of Scrim's diagnosis yesterday. All adds up we didn't take a pick last night. CJ will be upgraded in the next 48 hours for mine.

Personally think you may be reading to much into that, a poster called this before the Scrimshaw injury took place.

Would love to see CJ get a chance this week in Scrimshaw's place, have a feeling we might run with Brand though considering the ripping form he has been in at Box Hill

I reckon brand is the natural replacement for scrimshaw

Given Brisbane are likely to be smaller this week I hope we don’t play all of Frawley Brsnd Obrien Sicily Stratton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we load up with Chip, Brand, Stratts and TOB though?
I reckon he wants run. Miles is a good option.
Chip, Stratts, Brand & TO’B in the same backline limits rebound wickedly, especially when Hardwick is also shutdown.

I reckon brand is the natural replacement for scrimshaw

Too tall, too panicky on elusive forwards. We may bring him in but I would hope not.

Jiath is a guy who can match it athletically with the Brissie forward line and that was part of our struggle last year. Would be a good game to see him play.

Surely Dimma gets that role. Fully expect CJ to play before season's end. Not sure this week is right.
I mean, most players would be but I feel Dimma may be exposed for speed by Cameron, and/or have his offensive rebounding game shut down due to having Cameron on his tail all day. He probably will get the job and he's a great footballer so keen to see how Dimma goes playing on the most dangerous small forward in the comp.

We should only play him when we have no chance of making the finals. Still makes too many mistakes/bad decisions, and playing in the backline those mistakes cost you goals/games. Let the kid do his time at box hill and iron out some of his imperfections before we chuck him in

Hm, not sure I'd love Stratton's first 20m v Cameron's first 20m
It isn’t a static/standing start though mate.

Otherwise, Stratts would barely have been drafted, let alone owned the very best (non-Hawk) small forwards for almost a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back