Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Empty the forward line and kick it over his head into space he could beat anyone 1on1 or 2 or 3 on 1

Wonder if we could do similar with Nash he has the speed to run back on a loose ball

There must be a reason they stuck with both project players when the squeeze was on

Teams are now starting to pay attention to CJ and see him as a threat to them winning. Not sure if anyone saw it on Monday in the last couple of minutes when he took posession in the back half and was than swamped by at least 3-4 cats players with real urgency. Its a feather in his cap already that this seems to be starting to happen.

Only Hawthorn player to get Coaches votes in every game this year
Interestingly, CJ has only had votes from 1 coach in each of the three games. Two x 1 vote, and 1 x 4 votes.
Given it’s happened in all 3 games, you’d think it’d have to be Clarko giving them to him.
He’s obviously doing the right thing internally.

That 50m penalty he took and then bolted off and nearly kicked the goal was scintillating. The crowd just erupts when he does stuff like that. Not since Bud/ Cyril have I seen a Hawks crowd so enamoured with a player.

Ha Ha that was actually a bit of a blunder but I just could not get mad at him lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked my old man what he thought about CJ after the Richmond game and his reply was "He was simultaneously both our best and our worst player on the day" I had to think about it but it made sense.

Once he eliminates the bad (which he is doing week by week) we will be left with an absolute gem of a player.

I sat at the game on Easter Monday in absolute awe of Jaith. This guy is rolled gold. Plays the game with dare and actively looks to launch the hawks forward at every opportunity (*cough* something i wish more of my side had). He's gotta be in the conversation for all australian squad based on what we've seen so far this year.

I sat at the game on Easter Monday in absolute awe of Jaith. This guy is rolled gold. Plays the game with dare and actively looks to launch the hawks forward at every opportunity (*cough* something i wish more of my side had). He's gotta be in the conversation for all australian squad based on what we've seen so far this year.

Dunno why but I almost get emotional/excited whenever the entire crowd would just shout CJ whenever the ball was in his area. Such a feel good story.

Thanks mate. Last player I went to games to watch was Cyril. Now we have another. He is an athletic freak. Still a long way off AA level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back