Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Think back to all the names people wanted to take with out first pick instead of Ward...
how many of them would you prefer over MacDonald?
It's far too early to be making any calls. Macdonald does look good though.

I think the Macdonald discussion at the time was really vs Tyler Sonsie. Interesting that he just had his best game for Richmond VFL this week, 34 disp and a goal

It's far too early to be making any calls. Macdonald does look good though.

I think the Macdonald discussion at the time was really vs Tyler Sonsie. Interesting that he just had his best game for Richmond VFL this week, 34 disp and a goal
Some people were even touting Sonsie with our first pick!
FTR I really like Sonsie as a talent.

My point being...we don't know s**t about the draft pool and specific players.
Discussion is great but maniacal levels of conviction based on such limited info is stupid.

Some people were even touting Sonsie with our first pick!
FTR I really like Sonsie as a talent.

My point being...we don't know s**t about the draft pool and specific players.
Discussion is great but maniacal levels of conviction based on such limited info is stupid.
It's the same every year. It's even worse then posters get a hard on for draftees that in reality they have barely watched play.

Remember a fair bit of uproar when we took one J. Roughead over a certain R. Tambling.

Think back to all the names people wanted to take with out first pick instead of Ward...
how many of them would you prefer over MacDonald?

It will be interesting to compare MacDonald to Johnson and Sonsie moving forward.

I think Ward was a majority pick though. Personally I'll be comparing him to Erasmus (who had an impressive debut).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the same every year. It's even worse then posters get a hard on for draftees that in reality they have barely watched play.

Remember a fair bit of uproar when we took one J. Roughead over a certain R. Tambling.
I only watch a few games each year and only post about the players I have seen. I generally feel that's enough to form an opinion on a player and how they might fare and develop as an AFL player. Opinions can be wrong which is ok (which recruiters are often also). I don't like it when posters get angry that we didn't take a certain player. It is better just to wait and see what we got than to declare the draft a 'bust' or a 'win'.

Need we all be reminded of Brodie Kemp > Will Day.

The great thing about his form is the drive Ward will get to be the best. Competitive beast.

Runs fast and upright.

Waits for the correct target to open up before delicately placing his kick if need be.

Somewhat undersized but clearly has the potential to run through the midfield, perhaps permanently.

Dangerous around goal.

=

Zac Bailey and Toby Greene hybrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back