Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from that mis kick into the forward line in the last quarter his disposals are usually spot on. Just doesn’t waste a possession. Pure class.

Most importantly that smile is infectious and it looks like he is a super kid….someone who is going to be integral to our next premiership tilt.

Brilliant recruiting.

Was surprised to see after the game that he only registered 13 disposals. Felt like he was far more prolific than that. I've had that same feeling in multiple games this year with him where I'm shocked he's had less than 15 disposals.

Can't quite put my finger on why either. Might be the team-high 7 tackles? Might just be bobbing up and doing a lot of noticeable things? Or he might just be around the action a lot without actually ending up with the ball? Maybe a combination of all of the above. Either way once he starts getting more of it he'll be an absolute force.

Type of player I could see having a 20 & 3 season one day.
Only 13 possessions in a game, but influential??
Think Cyril (who I still miss like a bereavement in the family).

Can't wait to see him get more pure midfield minutes

We'll be a far more damaging side once he starts getting 20-25 touches a games.

Deserves a Rising Star nomination for his body of work

Yeah it's a shame he hasn't had that huge 27 touch 1 goal game to get rewarded with a nomination, because consistency wise he certainly deserves to be considered amongst the best 22 rising star candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has had a better season than probably 14 of the rising star nominees but there has always been someone that has had a better individual game than him and will happen again this week with Cumberland

Hopefully he gets one probably be the token round 24 selection.

20 and 2 today... Rising Star nomination to follow 🌟

He's in a real purple patch playing High Half Forward with Moore moving into the middle.

Such a high footy IQ to find space between the arcs, and his ball use by foot is aggressive, piercing and accurate.

Think he's going to be the best of what's looking a brilliant 2021 draft for us.

Think we will look back on his draft as a ripper. I’ve seen enough to be confident in Connor, ward and butler. Serong today will be interesting.

We need at least one to be A grade elite. So far I think Connor looks most likely.

Another draft like that, 50 games in them all, and we are flying.

Think we will look back on his draft as a ripper. I’ve seen enough to be confident in Connor, ward and butler. Serong today will be interesting.

We need at least one to be A grade elite. So far I think Connor looks most likely.

Another draft like that, 50 games in them all, and we are flying.
Yeah I agree. Of the recent draftees he looks to me like he has the highest ceiling, Newcombe included.

He does things that are just class all the time. Quick decisions and clean hands. He's a great kick for goal too.

I think he will be or best player in a few years.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree. Of the recent draftees he looks to me like he has the highest ceiling, Newcombe included.

He does things that are just class all the time. Quick decisions and clean hands. He's a great kick for goal too.

I think he will be or best player in a few years.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
McDonald as our best, Ward as our silkiest, Newcombe as our toughest and Butler as our game changer .

Doesn’t get the high possession stats that get the attention as often playing on a hff. But his impact per possession is elite already - such a key part of scoring chains.

Yes, there's a few good players yet to get a nomination so he will probably need one of his best games in the last 2 to get one. It doesn't matter obviously. He's had an excellent first season and been a contributor almost every week. Just hasn't had that standout breakout game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back