Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Got some seriously fast hands this kid!
1st option, super clean below his knees, doesn't make bad decisions. Plays 22 of his 250 games this year.
Giddy up
Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

I loved him today, provided run got lost a little but his skills help him cover and get out of trouble. He will only get better from here.

This guy's got it; I agree he should have gone way higher in the draft, if his highlights from the weekend are any guide.

Most often, he gets it right - really right - in the heat of battle; a true sign of balance, time, composure, touch. These traits are gold.

Maybe more NAB footy last year (& fewer school commitments) might have 'let the cat out of the bag'.

He's meant to be a 'good character' guy, with pace & versatility to boot

Whoa Momma!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the next Simon Black -perfectly placed creative handballs to advantage and the panic-free decision making under pressure in close. Which makes the receiver that much more dangerous too.

Love this bloke.
Very good comparison.
A mix of Simon Black/Blake Caracella.
Probably won't be as prolific as Black, nobody is, but reminds me of his composure and competitiveness.

Watched the replay again. This kid is an absolute jet. Very good connection player floating up from half fwd. Good shrugging tackles, great handballer, neat kick and as calm as the Bay on a still day. A good runner with acceleration too. Is class. Exactly what we needed.

I was chatting to a kid to who played with him at Dandenong last year. He said the Stingrays felt he’d been harshly judged on a single poor performance early in the year…apparently he was uncharacteristically very poor by foot that day.
They felt he comfortably could have been in the conversation for a top 10 pick.

I was chatting to a kid to who played with him at Dandenong last year. He said the Stingrays felt he’d been harshly judged on a single poor performance early in the year…apparently he was uncharacteristically very poor by foot that day.
They felt he comfortably could have been in the conversation for a top 10 pick.
it happens, you saw the over-reaction to 1 average game from Daicos and Goater last year, people can judge harshly on highlights or on 1 game and dismiss all the good they do.

I love in that clip how Titch held back the playing group for a couple of seconds as they were heading off ground so Wardy and Macca could take in the applause from the crowd and enjoy the moment together.
Nice touch from Tommy.

I love in that clip how Titch held back the playing group for a couple of seconds as they were heading off ground so Wardy and Macca could take in the applause from the crowd and enjoy the moment together.
Nice touch from Tommy.
cUlTUrE DeStrOyEd bY tRaDiNg OlDeR PlAyErz!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back