Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see any similarities to Sidebutt myself. His strength is (was) his kicking and was more of a classy outside player/wingman.

MacDonald's biggest area of development is his kicking, and he's more of an inside midfielder.

Steele Sidebottom Collingwood

Still seeing more of a Luke Shuey/Mitch Duncan type myself. Able to play inside/outside, rack up touches and be a consistent, reliable star without necessarily having the X-factor or moments of brilliance to truly stand out.

Potential 'most underrated player' conversation in Crocs future if he develops as we hope.

Don't see any similarities to Sidebutt myself. His strength is (was) his kicking and was more of a classy outside player/wingman.

MacDonald's biggest area of development is his kicking, and he's more of an inside midfielder.
No it's not. Dom told me his kicking is amazing. Nothing to see here

No it's not. Dom told me his kicking is amazing. Nothing to see here
When did i say his kicking was amazing? it's not a weakness imo and if it is it really isn't a big issue. Because i've seen him kick on both feet pretty well, has the pace aswell to get into space more often then not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like I did Ward, Connor MacDonald features in this photo uploaded by current Bomber Ben Hobbs.

Excluding the ump, MacDonald is far left in the 2nd row.

As well as Long, Ward has another fellow draftee as a connection.

1638363292176.png

Is Connor dual sided, from the footage appears to be?
I have not seen any mention of this.
I believe dual sided players have distinct advantage over other players.

Is Connor dual sided, from the footage appears to be?
I have not seen any mention of this.
I believe dual sided players have distinct advantage over other players.
Has a long way to go talent wise but I like Ned Long’s personality so far re leadership (maybe as part of a future leadership group). This is of course if he makes it - but he has that “I’m going to give this my all” grunt factor thing and to top it off he is Wardy’s best mate…

Like I said, might not make it but he could end up a fan favourite if he does

Is there any footballer left in the AFL who is into metal and hardcore music? Just one, please!

Good luck CMac. I have a feeling he'll be the surprise packet of our new draftees. Currently flying under the radar.

There's been a couple, I don't remember exactly but when Channel 7 were doing that player playlist thing there were a few Disturbed plays and the like.

There's been a couple, I don't remember exactly but when Channel 7 were doing that player playlist thing there were a few Disturbed plays and the like.

The only two I know for certain were Chad Cornes and Allen Christensen, both of whom appeared on The Amity Afflictions documentary as 'celebrity fans' alongside Dan Riccardo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back