Welcome to Hawthorn: Conor Glass

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him 50 games and he could be anything.

Has all the tools. Athleticism, Toughness, Courage, Kicking skills. Just needs to get a bit more of the mental side down with his awareness and positioning.

Give him 50 games and he could be anything.

Has all the tools. Athleticism, Toughness, Courage, Kicking skills. Just needs to get a bit more of the mental side down with his awareness and positioning.
That will be the toughest thing to teach but he's already doing some smart things around the contest which you can't teach, did quite a few handy knock on in a contest yesterday, didn't pay off but that's a real weapon and a nice sign he has sharp awareness around a contest.

I see good skills, pace, great decision making, courage to go when it's his turn, and confidence to take the game on and break the lines. He may be lacking in endurance and that will be the limiting factor. If, and this is a big if, he can build his tank to be able to go for repeat efforts, does anyone else think this guy has the attributes to become a wingman, and perhaps the solution to our Hartung problem?

Has anyone ever had brighter (natural) red hair than him.

I dont know if it was the dusk lighting on sunday but he looked like a Christmas Decoration out there.

Love, love, love the endeavor. The chase downs, smothers and bumps are already endearing him to us fans.

His seemingly crazy bounces when still in traffic are also fun to watch. As are his highly creative and skillful soccer tactics.

I see good skills, pace, great decision making, courage to go when it's his turn, and confidence to take the game on and break the lines. He may be lacking in endurance and that will be the limiting factor. If, and this is a big if, he can build his tank to be able to go for repeat efforts, does anyone else think this guy has the attributes to become a wingman, and perhaps the solution to our Hartung problem?
I'd love him on the wing, I reckon he'd excel there if he can get the tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the look of this kid with you.

We have our own little irish Conor who has cemented his spot as well.

Love watching both of them do things with the ball tht are unusual. It almost looks cheeky before you realise it is due to not being raised with the game.

Both will be guns and I look forward to watching them play together against the aussies in the international rules.

Hope he sticks with the 44. Great to see it back in circulation.

My first thought on seeing that goal line smack down ... 'gotta gets me a 44 guernsey!'

Conor Glass. He is the # 44 Hawk, the most powerful, rebounding back flanker in the world, and he could knock your head clean off. Do you feel lucky?

Can't really read too much into it at this point, but...

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2017-08-08/skill-not-luck

Hailing from Maghera in Northern Ireland, Glass has shown an ability to collect strong numbers of the footy, averaging 13.3 touches (for a total of 40) throughout his first three outings.

But when comparing these numbers to some of his fellow countrymen who have thrived before him, Glass’ start to his career becomes even more impressive.

None of the five Irishmen to have played the most VFL/AFL games were able to emulate Glass’ numbers through the same period in their careers.

Jim Stynes (264 games), Tadhg Kennelly (197), Sean Wight (150), Pearce Hanley (140*) and Zac Tuohy (139*) all failed to reach 40 possessions over their first three games.

I for one don't quite understand Australia's infatuation with a cop killer and criminal. Maybe it's the goodie tooshoes in me, maybe it's having copper friends. Empathise with you Thaihawk.

Anyway, I, too, am excited to see how our Irish experiment plays out. Well done Connor.

Because the coppers and the system at the time had no checks and balances for ordinary people. Ned was indeed a criminal, but he fought against the system, and that is what earned him the respect of the ordinary folk. And he was smart enough to don some armour too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back