Welcome to Hawthorn: Conor Glass

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks great but has a long way to go if we're all being honest. I can definitely see him being a great player and already putting a few highlights together.

Has anyone ever had brighter (natural) red hair than him.

I dont know if it was the dusk lighting on sunday but he looked like a Christmas Decoration out there.

Love, love, love the endeavor. The chase downs, smothers and bumps are already endearing him to us fans.

His seemingly crazy bounces when still in traffic are also fun to watch. As are his highly creative and skillful soccer tactics.

Yes, with the red hair and his pale skin, it's like seeing the flashing lights of an ambulance!

I've been impressed with him so far, apart from the bounces, angles it too verticle. Also like his little kicks off the ground to his and teammates advantage, thatsa gaelic skill right there.

I've been impressed with him so far, apart from the bounces, angles it too verticle. Also like his little kicks off the ground to his and teammates advantage, thatsa gaelic skill right there.

McKenna had the same issue with his bounces when he first started at Essendon but has fixed it up. I am sure Glass will too with another season (McKenna is a season in front of him developmentally)

I'm not sure that exhaustive clinical data analysis would pass too many tests of statistical significance...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Mate. We just lost to Richmond. Regardless of their ladder position, we want all the good news we can get!

Conor has made remarkable progress since playing his first game of AFL football with the Box Hill development team about this time last year. Remember he did not come to Australia until he finished school in Northern Ireland at the end of July 2016. I first saw him play for Box Hill seniors early this year and was astounded by his skills especially kicking and decision making. However he was still learning the game and didn't find a lot of the ball.
I suspect he still has a lot of upside to his game which we will enjoy watching over the next few years.
I also have high hopes for Conor Nash who has missed much of this year with a severe hamstring injury.

This is just unreal.

Exactly how all sportspeople should play, giving every single thing they have for the love of the colours they are wearing.

Think I've got a new favourite player, absolutely ******* love it Conor.
Here's what's interesting , he had 3 options ...tackle , bump and smoother .
It was a two on one so if he chose tackle or smoother the Likely Hood is he's then out of play and the second player cleans up and goals ....he chooses bump , exacutes and gets to the next contest .....he had 1/100 of a Sec to make that call and after having only been playing afl for 2 yrs would have been excused for making the wrong call ....smart smart boy !!

This is just unreal.

Exactly how all sportspeople should play, giving every single thing they have for the love of the colours they are wearing.

Think I've got a new favourite player, absolutely ******* love it Conor.

Your post has just reminded me of something I read a number of years ago.

Arsene Wenger made his first team squad watch a recording of the All Ireland Gaelic football final of that year and both sides were running around like demented demons, bodies on the line and all that.

At the end he asked his players what was notable about the game and the endeavour of the players on show, after a few wrong answers and some umms and ahhs he simply said to his (highly paid)players 'They're amateurs'.

Can't really read too much into it at this point, but...

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2017-08-08/skill-not-luck

Hailing from Maghera in Northern Ireland, Glass has shown an ability to collect strong numbers of the footy, averaging 13.3 touches (for a total of 40) throughout his first three outings.

But when comparing these numbers to some of his fellow countrymen who have thrived before him, Glass’ start to his career becomes even more impressive.

None of the five Irishmen to have played the most VFL/AFL games were able to emulate Glass’ numbers through the same period in their careers.

Jim Stynes (264 games), Tadhg Kennelly (197), Sean Wight (150), Pearce Hanley (140*) and Zac Tuohy (139*) all failed to reach 40 possessions over their first three games.

Hodgey had 12 possessions in his first game. Does that make Conor's debut 25% better than Luke's? :);):thumbsu::rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to say Arsene Wenger is manager of Arsenal to those that don't know.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Are you responsible for Arsene Wenger's contract extension?

:mad:

Have watched this so many times.

Dusty's effort to claim the goal anyway was pretty limp.

Just love how nobody has any idea what glass is doing. He must think everyone else is an idiot.

I said in the game day thread that he reminds me morrisey (the freak). Skills and weirdness all over the place.

Have watched this so many times.

Dusty's effort to claim the goal anyway was pretty limp.

Just love how nobody has any idea what glass is doing. He must think everyone else is an idiot.

I said in the game day thread that he reminds me morrisey (the freak). Skills and weirdness all over the place.
Ran about 80m to effect that spoil. Great effort.

It's not that they don't believe in him - they just can't work out WTH it is he's trying to say!
Him calling for the ball would be like a bunch of mad pikies at a dog fight, they'd have no idea what he was on about

Last edited:
Here's what's interesting , he had 3 options ...tackle , bump and smoother .
It was a two on one so if he chose tackle or smoother the Likely Hood is he's then out of play and the second player cleans up and goals ....he chooses bump , exacutes and gets to the next contest .....he had 1/100 of a Sec to make that call and after having only been playing afl for 2 yrs would have been excused for making the wrong call ....smart smart boy !!
All true, he also had to execute the bump without hitting high or in the back and all at full speed. Very clever play from a 2 gamer that has only been in the country for 12 months full time, let alone played a full 2 years of AFL footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back