Welcome to Hawthorn: Conor Glass

Remove this Banner Ad

Team high 7 tackles last night.

Very effective tackles. Has a great technique. Tackles, bumps, smothrrs, keeps on this trajectory and will be Burgoyne like.

A few cutsie disposals that didn't quite cut it last night. He will learn from.

Just love his competitive nature. Absolutely tenacious which is great to have on the last lines. 1%s galore and very quick to improvise. Very, very handy.

Its not just the tackling, hes got a developing footy brain that reminds me of the kinds of smarts burgers has.

Sure is going to be joy to watch him develop and kick on in the game.

He'll be a player.

I'm not sure we've ever had a kid with as little footy background as Glass come in and look so comfortable so quickly.

Could be anything.

On GPS he was clocked at a top speed of 36 KM per hour, which it was also said translates to be 10.4sec 100 meters. So he is fast.

Future 300 game player. Has similar attributes to a young Hodge. Never gives up. Major mongrel in him. Learns quickly. Leads when it counts.

Got all the tools for a modern day footballer. Would seriously consider playing him every game next year. Play him at half back for another season to help fast track his development and then throw him on a wing and watch him go!

Dragon Glass

viserion-game-thrones-ice-dragon.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon another preseason will.do glass the world of good too.

Completely agree. He looks like he has the body to add a little weight to it too.

Irrespective of injuries, I really hope next year we are getting games into guys like Sicily, Burton, Brand, Hardwick, Glass, Hartung, Stewart, Lovell, Hanrahan, Cousins, etc...

Still trying to figure out how they got the chains around the dragon, when they are scared of water???
Was really good planning though. Carting those huge chains around on the odd chance they would have to pull a dragon out of the water.

With his tenacity, speed & disposal, I'd not hate it if he grew into a high-HF.

It's gotta be the toughest gig in footy so I'm not expecting he do it next year, but if he goes back to BHH in years to come then I hope it's as a HFF, leading/linking to defensive wing to win the ball, then delivering inside F50m.

I'd not thought it before but I reckon he is a closer Hill replacement than Hartung is. Happy to hear comments for/against.

Do not be surprised if Conor Glass has a breakout year in 2018!

He was so cool and self assured at Box Hill today, clearly better than that level.

Yes, he could really step up next year.

Last edited:
Going early I know but do you think #15 would look good on his back ?
My prediction
He will be very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back