Toast Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash - International Rookie

lyger

Team Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's hardly an exclusively Irish problem, it happens to players who grow up playing the game too.

Took Breust a few years to break in and play. Duryea was on the list for a long time before becoming a regular.
Suckers and Ossie also spent a few years redrafted/developing before becoming a regular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BJK#5

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really hope the reports of his kicking being improved are true, such an exciting prospect but he needs to improve in that area or it will hold him back from playing too many senior games in 2019.

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Says even less about the other small pressure forwards then. Nash laid a total of 4 tackles in the 2 finals he played.

We need to better utilise his speed. I like him as a forward, but not deep.
Which was a shame, because before that he was averaging 3 tackles I50 which is a massive amount. Maybe he got overawed, but his form line going into the finals suggested he was there for pressure.

I agree though, with better kicking he's a link up player who can exploit his opponents for speed on the fast break. I like him in that role, but he just needs to keep working on his kicking. The tackling would just be a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COKEandCOLA

Team Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Needs to work on his kicking and also his marking, without that his good qualities mean very little.

I'm really hoping that he makes it, because he certainly has some freakish traits.

Brishawk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does the extraordinary very, very well - just needs to master the ordinary to be the total package. He will make it and he will be a nightmare to match up on. Excited.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really looks likely. Kicking looks better than last year. So athletic it’s ridiculous. And fierce!

OnTheRocks

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The strong arm by Nash is beautiful to watch.
He does some little things that most other players who grew up with our game don't do. I can see those little traces of gaelic and rugby still in him which the oppo do not expect.

Mississippi

Team Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash is basically a unique player.
I can't think of any other AFL player (apart from Buddy?) who has his attributes - height and blistering speed.
As the commentators said yesterday, amongst their irrelevant drivel, he out-sprinted a small fast opponent.

And don't overlook that he also tackles like a freight train. I'm going to keep score this year of the number of opposition players who hobble to the bench after a Nash express tackle.

This guy has played 5 (repeat 5) AFL games. If you work on the principle that a young player needs 50 senior games to establish himself then don't fret over his comparative lack of marking or kicking ability.

The significant advantage he gives us right now should be seen in the context of the new brand of 6/6/6 zone footy we're required to play. No one can catch this bloke when he breaks the lines. He'll be giving opposition coaches nightmares this year.

Last edited:

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash is basically a unique player.
I can't think of any other AFL player (apart from Buddy?) who has his attributes - height and blistering speed.
As the commentators said yesterday, amongst their irrelevant drivel, he out-sprinted a small fast opponent.

And don't overlook that he also tackles like freight train. I'm going to keep score this year of the number of opposition players who hobble to the bench after a Nash express tackle.

This guy has played 5 (repeat 5) AFL games. If you work on the principle that a young player needs 50 senior games to establish himself then don't fret over his comparative lack of marking or kicking ability.

The significant advantage he gives us right now should be seen in the context of the new brand of 6/6/6 zone footy we're required to play. No one can catch this bloke when he breaks the lines. He'll be giving opposition coaches nightmares this year.
I just fainted

Top Bottom