Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is absolutely elite with quick hands in a contest. Growing in confidence each week and knows he belongs. Can’t help but think his turnaround in form is 100% Sam Mitchell
Agree, however I don't think it's a turn around in form, moreso he has found his natural position. And certainly it has been pretty well documented that Mitch is behind that.

Augers well.

I can picture match committee:
We need a big bodied mid
Somebody tall and athletic
Gotta have speed too.
And be able to lay a tackle.
Some good kicking skills would be nice too.
Hey Nash! Hurry up and get to pocket. We don’t need talk athletic quick strong players who can tackle in the midfield! We need you as a defensive forward!

He's just getting more and more polished the longer he's at the coalface.

Him and Jai are going to bother a lot of teams next year. Really looking forward to it.

We need to square up with Vlaustin too. That was a real cheapy on Connor.

I thought similar regarding the square up, was thinking of when they piled into Will Day previously.

Let's be unsociable Hawks on the way up to create a don't mess with us mentality and then when we contend rein it in to minimise players being banned at important times having already created the fear factor.

Still one of my favourite memories of the 3 peat era was Lake throttling the North possum. No part of me watches that and thinks oh steady on Brian...rather my mind is chanting...finish him.

On moto g(7) using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In his first 4 games as a mid, he’s averaged the following:

20.2 disposals, 4.5 clearances, 8.25 contested possessions, 4.75 tackles and running at 77.5% efficiency.

It’s a good start.

20.2 disposals, 4.5 clearances, 8.25 contested possessions, 4.75 tackles and running at 77.5% efficiency.

It’s a good start.
Those sort of numbers in the heat make throwing a pineapple on him for Charlie next season seem like a fair investment.

He can find space in the midfield too as a target. Quite clever at it. A good quality to have.

Is a massive head scratcher why it has taken this long to plonk him in the middle.

He can find space in the midfield too as a target. Quite clever at it. A good quality to have.

Is a massive head scratcher why it has taken this long to plonk him in the middle.
Especially in an era of big bodied mids. Been pulling my hair out at times seeing us get bullied in the middle. Our players are capable in there but undersized. Its hard work being buffeted in the contest by bigger bodies all day. Nash changes that up.

It is great that he has emerged before we head to the draft. We have a little bit more flexibility with our choices now imo.

A certain stubborn,but lovable, former coach wasn't keen to inject the Monster Nash into the middle.
Probably to protect the oppo mids.
They're taking a hammering.
If he gets the chance to hit more mids the same way he hit Bont last week, they will start to get nervous. And then throw the Duke in top of that....

If he gets the chance to hit more mids the same way he hit Bont last week, they will start to get nervous. And then throw the Duke in top of that....
Been working with a Tassie midfielder/on baller for the last few weeks. He could play a bit and they would send big mids to him to rough him up every game. Some games it worked and the subtle corks dealt out could restricted performance. It's why you have to admire players like Sammy and TOM.

Players like them who burrow in game after game and maintain their consistency are worth their weight in gold. Its why I hope TOM stays.

Bit of a shout out to the organisers (in particular thanks Garf) and all of my fellow BF Hawks player sponsors who have happily tipped in to sponsor Nashy (and Cuz) for the last 5 seasons - our faith is showing real signs that it may be rewarded.

All aboard the Nash train - his price is likely to go up next season so get on board!

Last edited:

It’s a good start.

5.75 score involvements per game in the last month (for comparison sake TOM averages 5.36, Pendlebury 5.33, Rozee 5.37, Crabby #1 pick McGrath 5.31, Dangerfield 5.46, Touk Miller 5.57). 2 goals to boot as well.

He gets the ball. He hits hard. Uses it well. And either creates or scores himself.

So excited to see what he can bring next year with a full pre-season working in the mids.

Since going into the midfield we have seen a brand new Nash

Has been exactly what we have needed to break up the midfield rotations with a different style of player

Also says an enormous amount about Sam Mitchell and the faith and knowledge he has in the players at his disposal. Telling Nashy to roll into the midfield and simply hunt the man and the ball is just simple, perfect coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back