Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

1629620623943.png
this is me still after watching Nash in the midfield over the past few weeks, really ******* shown us.

Been nice to watch actually. Makes me remember Silk's 400th; there was this one bloke who let out an audible groan of pain whenever Nash was near the pill and another who constantly repeated he'll never attend another Hawthorn game if Nash is wearing the jumper. Wonder where they are at now..

View attachment 1213714
this is me still after watching Nash in the midfield over the past few weeks, really ******* shown us.

Been nice to watch actually. Makes me remember Silk's 400th; there was this one bloke who let out an audible groan of pain whenever Nash was near the pill and another who constantly repeated he'll never attend another Hawthorn game if Nash is wearing the jumper. Wonder where they are at now..

Been a lot of doubters. Many converts now.

Don’t know what I’m talking about but just from watching the Irish game in the past it’s quick with a lot of instinct quick decisions making going on. Bit like in the middle with AFL so Nash is more natural in that part of the ground. Brilliant!

Gee we have a lot to be excited for going into next year, so many players looking to breakout . İt's absolutely fantastic that not only has Conor has turned into a bonafide best 22 as a rotation mid but also kudos to the club for having heap of faith in him for 5 years!! His aggression and top speed coupled with his size completely transforms our inside midfield stocks

View attachment 1213714

I pulled my hair out that game, it was right after his VFL game where he exploded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine what we could have if he could suddenly breakthrough with his overhead marking as well... :oops::oops::oops:

Setlle, Eldo, settle...

It would make him genuinely elite. That ability to pluck marks contested through the middle of the ground is the best part about Fyfe's game IMO, it's one more avenue for that inboard kick, it opens up that ability to drag your opponent deep I50.

It’s been a pretty amazing month. Having never played in midfield say 2 months ago to racking up stats that any mid in the league would be happy with.
88% DE as an inside mid is pretty damn good (chad went at 63%).

Massive upside with another preseason. But even if maintains the level he’s shown will be a key part of midfield.

But his defensive game is strong, super clean hands and is linking up reasonably well, but haven’t really haven’t scratched the surface of him offensively. A 197cm athletic mid with explosive speed would havethe draft board wetting themselves with excitement - but he’s already on our list.

Had no brain.

Geez for the patron saint of the fringe you drop em quick when they leave.

Glass had similar games in the middle at VFL level to what Nash was having before he was given a run at AFL level. He was showing some promise but made a decision to go back home to Ireland.

He was a good player but dropped his bundle if he ever made a bad mistake, which ruined him for the rest of the game.

Geez for the patron saint of the fringe you drop em quick when they leave.

Glass had similar games in the middle at VFL level to what Nash was having before he was given a run at AFL level. He was showing some promise but made a decision to go back home to Ireland.

He was a good player but dropped his bundle if he ever made a bad mistake, which ruined him for the rest of the game.
Nash is a 197cm athletic freak, Glass isn't close. Glass's brain and brainfades etc, like atleast Nash isn't trying to kick across goal and turning it over. Alot.

Don’t know what I’m talking about but just from watching the Irish game in the past it’s quick with a lot of instinct quick decisions making going on. Bit like in the middle with AFL so Nash is more natural in that part of the ground. Brilliant!

except he’s more known for rugby, but probably did some Gaelic when younger.

plenty of players take closer to 50 games to come good anyway.

Nash is a 197cm athletic freak, Glass isn't close. Glass's brain and brainfades etc, like atleast Nash isn't trying to kick across goal and turning it over. Alot.
Hard to believe this is written by the same person who think James Cousins is the next Darcy Parish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back