Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Any updates on his hammy? Seeing I have tipped him to be 2018's breakout star, wanting him to de well in his development year.

The issue is that it is a tendon tear high up under the buttock.

Anyone who saw the incident could instantly tell it was really bad and exactly where it was from his clutching of the back of his thigh.

You don't get over those in three weeks regardless of whatever completely uninformed nuffs may randomly post here.

The primary object is to remediate his body so that it does not happen again and that takes time. Once you damage a hamstring it gets weaker and weaker. They can easy become almost chronic and can easy prematurely end an AFL career. This is what happened to Webster with his a repeated hamstring injuries and what may well be happening to JOR currently.

The whole event was tragic as he was really showing great signs playing as a tall defender, particularly for a kid who had never played a competition game before this season.

Last edited:
Another kid we need to come on but has been struck down by injury. With luck i see him as a Michael Johnson type with a little extra height able to play on and run off the monster talls like Lynch, Wright, Lobb, Jenkins, etc. I like what I have seen so far off a kid with limited Aussie Rules experience, plenty to work with.

Going to echo what I said on the Box Hill Hawks status - Burton aside, Nash is the player on our list I'm most excited about. Tall, strong and a big frame to fill out - knowing those Irish blokes he should be a lovely kick too. Incredibly exciting prospect.

Going to echo what I said on the Box Hill Hawks status - Burton aside, Nash is the player on our list I'm most excited about. Tall, strong and a big frame to fill out - knowing those Irish blokes he should be a lovely kick too. Incredibly exciting prospect.
Mods, pls change the thread title to 'welcome to hawthorn conor nash international man of mystery'.

They have stripped him down to help build his endurance.

They have no plans to build him up significantly in the medium term future. He may well end up playing AFL at around 95kg mark or a bit under like Lake and Schoey before him.

They have stripped him down to help build his endurance.

They have no plans to build him up significantly in the medium term future. He may well end up playing AFL at around 95kg mark or a bit under like Lake and Schoey before him.

Why do we do this to our players, we're the least physically imposing looking team! Build him up like Alex Rance, get him all "puffed up like a blower fish" as bristle would say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we do this to our players, we're the least physically imposing looking team! Build him up like Alex Rance, get him all "puffed up like a blower fish" as bristle would say.
I'd say a mixture of each season being a marathon in conjunction with the predicted reduction of interchange numbers..

It is all about two things:

i. the running game which is only going to intensify further with tighter interchange caps, harder presses and more sling shot out the back footy, the dogs raised manic running, throwing and dropping the ball to hitherto unimaginable levels and this style of footy is not going to simply disappear

ii. the 18yos often are not physically mature enough to take the extra muscle mass their stage of physical development.

Trim the players down to build their endurance and gradually as their bodies harden with age, start adding muscle mass slowly.

There are plenty of examples of this principle in action. Breust took about 4-5 years to fully build up across the shoulders and upper body. Hartung is slowly being built up but it is noticeable over the last three years. Similarly TOB is slowly adding more muscle.

The theory is that if they bulk kids up too quickly on immature bodies they'll be prone to breakdown under the additional strain of the extra muscle mass. This philosophy is an article of faith at Hawthorn and will not change as long as Clarko and Russell call the shots.

Last edited:
It is all about two things:

i. the running game which is only going to intensify further with tighter interchange caps, harder presses and more sling shot out the back footy, the dogs raised manic running, throwing and dropping the ball to hitherto unimaginable levels and this style of footy is not going to simply disappear

More tackles, more slingshot running, more throwing. Sounds like the game is morphing into ..... rugby. Only a couple of rule changes away.

I know club heights and weights as listed are crap but I do find it interesting that our average height and weight looks no different from any other clubs when there are such disparities in physical appearance between clubs

I really liked what I saw from Conor before the injury, the closing speed he had for his size was exciting, we need to keep that speed in him

Yes I'm serious!
Why don't you look at my history of what I've reported on in the past and then tell me my posts aren't credible.
3 weeks, take it or leave it, I couldn't care less

Well how good is your three week hamstring prediction of May 17 looking now ?

Your credibility exists purely in your own imagination.

Last edited:
Well how good is your three week hamstring prediction of May 17 looking now ?

Your credibility exists purely in your own imagination.
Must have been a typo as my fat fingers missed the 8 and hit the 3.
Sorry, next time I'll be much more careful as I would hate to misinform anyone.
From now on I'll leave all credible posting to you:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back