Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

This has already been mentioned in other threads, but no dedicated thread yet-

So welcome Conor!

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2016-10-30/welcome-conor-nash

Watching the video: Holy damn, this kid is a beast! Speed and height, and I hear his kicking skills are already progressing well. Both a Gaelic and Rugby Union player, so can turn well, "catch" well and break a tackle.

Here's hoping he lives up to his hype!

Great that he has both backgrounds, so he is used to pretty much all elements of the game, including kicking an oval ball (although it doesn't happen that often in a game, most backs would have trained for it during their careers)

Welcome to the club Connor!

Was really impressed with the footage of him playing Gaelic footy and Rugby. This bloke has rebounding half-back written all over him, can't wait to see how he goes playing our game.

I've always been a fan of Irish players, I think theres a special x-factor about them and I'm really happy/excited that the club has embraced recruiting both Connor Nash and Connor Glass.

Just when you think it's impossible to have greater love for your footy club, guess what. Can I see a small image of Clarko's new game plan? I think he has already been working on it for some time now, and is getting ready to expose and fine tune it for another flag tilt before the end of the century. Welcome Conor Nash to becoming part of Hawthorn's future.:);):rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH I'm actually more impressed with C Nasn than C Glass. I like Connor Glass a lot but had no idea than Nash was key position height with exlosive speed, good hands and built like an Adonis. If he can pick up the nuances of the game fairly quickly we may have something pretty special here. Just hope he sticks with it and doesn't fall prey to the dreaded Irish homesickness

Welcome Conor!

Highlights look super impressive, his pace is a standout for mine. How tall is he? Said he'll be playing a key back role so I assume he's around 195cm?

Not sure, but in the video he's about the same height as Spangher, so about the 195 mark

195 + Gaelic + Rudgy - could there be a better other sport grounding ?? Wow
Perhaps playing Australian Football would prepare him better to play in the Australian Football League but judging by the way the Bulldogs play I'd say Rugby is the best prep for the way the game is heading.

Handball is going the way of the drop kick i think.

Just when you think it's impossible to have greater love for your footy club, guess what. Can I see a small image of Clarko's new game plan? I think he has already been working on it for some time now, and is getting ready to expose and fine tune it for another flag tilt before the end of the century. Welcome Conor Nash to becoming part of Hawthorn's future.:);):rainbow:

2096?

Looks nice and agile, nice runner too.

Clever again by Clarko. Looks a good kid, means neither of the two Irish lads are isolated, so less likely of being homesick. Plus, the rugby background hopefully means a faster transition.

TBH I'm actually more impressed with C Nasn than C Glass. I like Connor Glass a lot but had no idea than Nash was key position height with exlosive speed, good hands and built like an Adonis. If he can pick up the nuances of the game fairly quickly we may have something pretty special here. Just hope he sticks with it and doesn't fall prey to the dreaded Irish homesickness
Having another Irish bloke helps I reckon. Shem and Heatherly ended up pretty good mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back