Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard guy to match up on and some of those tackles will be hard to keep out of our midfield next year even as a rotation

Imagine spending five minutes in the guts getting the s**t belted out of you by Nash and the absolute relief of seeing him run off to the bench for a rotation.

Only to see Jai come on.

I want the Bruise Brothers to play 20 games next year.

His tackling is what I love and feel we are missing from the midfield. Sure he doesn't wrap up the arms, but he hits hard and usually that causes a turnover from the force spilling the ball. Could be a real weapon next year.

Was watching the 2013 GF back yesterday because why not - I forgot how imposing Freo's midfield could be with Fyfe, Mundy and Crowley who are all 188cm+.

Let's hope Nash, Newcomb and the likes of Finn can develop in a similar vein and deliver some punishment for years to come

Insanely good hands, always kinda noticed it about him in the forward half he'd get the ball out really nicely but it's great to see him in the middle doing it more often. What I love is that he delays the give sometimes and will make sure it's going to the right person.

Imagine spending five minutes in the guts getting the sh*t belted out of you by Nash and the absolute relief of seeing him run off to the bench for a rotation.

Only to see Jai come on.

I want the Bruise Brothers to play 20 games next year.
Yep. And think you’ve got some relief when Finn then rotates on. Only for him to take you on gut busting runs up and down the field (like when smith broke Hannebery that time) and still pushing people around at stoppages.

Insanely good hands, always kinda noticed it about him in the forward half he'd get the ball out really nicely but it's great to see him in the middle doing it more often. What I love is that he delays the give sometimes and will make sure it's going to the right person.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Wingard and JOM looked to have a touch more time with Nash in the middle. For Wingard in particular that's all he needs.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Wingard and JOM looked to have a touch more time with Nash in the middle. For Wingard in particular that's all he needs.

For sure, especially with Nash doing the wrecking ball defensive stuff putting two oppo mids on their ass. Feels great when it's not our mids going to ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't be surprised if he plays round 1, his late season form is often forgotten, he was fantastic and brought that point of difference. Just needs to wear the long sleeves and grow a beard and he will remind you of a ruck rover from days gone by who went ok.
I think coming up against north- a team renowned for their choice of physicality over technical ability- means he's more likely to get selected, too.

I won't be surprised if he plays round 1, his late season form is often forgotten, he was fantastic and brought that point of difference. Just needs to wear the long sleeves and grow a beard and he will remind you of a ruck rover from days gone by who went ok.
And lose about 30 kilos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back