Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Cooper Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Coop should have a few more games in the magoos just to get a good run into him.

He was strong in the contested stuff last game, but was pretty average/poor by foot. I expect a lot of that is just owing to his injury history knocking away some consistency.

Looking forward to see how he develops. I expect he is vying for one of Nash’s or Worps spot at the minute.

Agree, but Nash and Worpel aint getting dropped any time soon. Worpel has been one of our best players this year with Nash building slowly into the season and only getting better. Stephens will have to string together a few 25+ disposal games before he can dislodge either Nash or Worpel. On top of that,Ned Long is performing really strongly at VFL level as well, has his neck slightly in front of Stephens ATM

Certainly hasn't looked too good for VFL level yet, still not sure regarding his contract status so he may be in danger at the end of the year.

Really hope he can have a break out game soon.
He's a handful of games into his Hawthorn career.

He's going to struggle to get games in the seniors this year
Will be very suprised if he doesnt get games .
We have a very young midfield , we will get injury and the guys will need to be managed .

He was bought in as a long term midfield option so will be given every chance at it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still not sure regarding his contract status so he may be in danger at the end of the year.
He would not have come on a one-year-deal.

And NOT in danger after FOUR games...

EDIT: Only THREE games...

Coops splitting his time forward in 5 goal loss against a strong Casey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502-212821.png
    Screenshot_20230502-212821.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 160
Coops splitting his time forward in 5 goal loss against a strong Casey.
We only carry two big inside mids with lack of speed come end of season. Nash clearly stays, Finns gone and that means a battle between Long and Stephens. It will be an interesting watch for me.

We only carry two big inside mids with lack of speed come end of season. Nash clearly stays, Finns gone and that means a battle between Long and Stephens. It will be an interesting watch for me.
There is no way we would get rid of Cooper after one season.

When we were going to chase him after this season anyway before the option came up early

We are not delisting him after 1 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back