Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Cooper Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephens has been named an emergency. He’s had three consecutive 20+ disposal games in the VFL. He’s not too far away from making his debut.
Good to hear. Hopefully not too much longer.

Box Hill took a significant step towards securing their return to finals football, defeating a spirited and fast-finishing GWS in Sydney last Saturday.

Cooper Stephens (1 goal, 19 disposals, 5 marks, 6 clearances)

“Coop played as a forward predominately for the day, and spent some time as a midfielder as well. He was able to finish with seven clearances, hit the scoreboard himself to kick a really nice goal from stoppage. He’s starting to show a bit of tricks in that area, which is nice, and he’s being rewarded for his hard work. Another solid performance off the back of last week. He’s starting to show some real consistency which is what we love to see.”

Box Hill shone under lights, taking home a 39-point win against Frankston to cap off a fine home-and-away season on Friday night.

Cooper Stephens (28 disposals, 6 tackles, 9 clearances)

"This was a personal best performance for Coop since arriving to the club. With 28 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances and eight score involvements, it was a first-class game from him. People who were at the game would understand - his foot work, cleanliness and toughness around the contest to break tackles and get from inside to outside the contest was really pleasing."

Box Hill shone under lights, taking home a 39-point win against Frankston to cap off a fine home-and-away season on Friday night.

Cooper Stephens (28 disposals, 6 tackles, 9 clearances)

"This was a personal best performance for Coop since arriving to the club. With 28 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances and eight score involvements, it was a first-class game from him. People who were at the game would understand - his foot work, cleanliness and toughness around the contest to break tackles and get from inside to outside the contest was really pleasing."
Yep he was great the conditions brought the best out of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Stephens end up getting injured at the end of the year, or form didn't allow him to break into the team?
Was named emergency once or twice. Pretty hard for any of our BH mids to break in when Worpel, Nash, Day and Nuke were faultless all year. When Nuke was injured late in the year Huswaite got the nod instead, I wouldn't write off Coop just yet he's just behind a few very in form players

Was named emergency once or twice. Pretty hard for any of our BH mids to break in when Worpel, Nash, Day and Nuke were faultless all year. When Nuke was injured late in the year Huswaite got the nod instead, I wouldn't write off Coop just yet he's just behind a few very in form players
Hustwaite was given the audition for next year while Stevens I'm pretty sure has 2 more years contracted

I'm patient enough to give Cooper 2023 to settle in and learn our system.
2024 is where he needs to be really pushing his case for the side.
This.

He needs to really start pressing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back