List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn Damon Greaves - pick 14, 2018 rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he got any standout qualities? Or is he a bit of a Harry Morrison?
Not trying to be negative, more realistic. Hope I'm proved wrong and he becomes a player.
Good luck lad.

Greaves in, Stratton out.

Had we done this round 2 when Stratton showed that his dismal 2019 form was going to continue we'd have won a lot more games this year.
Bold words.
Stupid words but bold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing bold about believing that a young promising player having a crack is a better option than a guy tripping over his own feet, kicking to opposition and running away from the ball carrier to leave the goals open.
Other than completely disregarding that players history and having no clue about the new kids actual ability sure

I like Greaves I want him to make it but assuming he's automatically better than Stratton because KID * OFF

Other than completely disregarding that players history and having no clue about the new kids actual ability sure

I like Greaves I want him to make it but assuming he's automatically better than Stratton because KID fu** OFF

But we’re not here looking back and resting on laurels. We’re here to look forward. Stratton has been underperforming and isn’t getting better. At least giving Greaves a run is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Has he got any standout qualities? Or is he a bit of a Harry Morrison?
Not trying to be negative, more realistic. Hope I'm proved wrong and he becomes a player.
Good luck lad.

He's a pure footballer. He's an absolutely beautiful kick and usually makes good decisions. I can comfortably say he's much tougher than Morrison - never shirks a contest and always puts his head down when required. All the games I saw him in (some at BH in 2019 + watching preseason this year) he rarely got beaten 1v1. But he's not extremely athletic and he isn't quick. He's almost like the complete opposite of Jiath.

But we’re not here looking back and resting on laurels. We’re here to look forward. Stratton has been underperforming and isn’t getting better. At least giving Greaves a run is a step in the right direction.
Suggesting we'd have won a lot more games with Greaves in over Stratton for most of the year though?

I like Greaves I want him to make it but assuming he's automatically better than Stratton because KID fu** OFF
Better than Stratton now.... I in no way expect that he will be as good as 2018 Stratton.

But Stratton's form has been so bad last 2 years that had Greaves played earlier in the year would be settled now and playing better than him, like cj, scrimshaw and day have been along with all the other players on the ground.

Better than Stratton now.... I in no way expect that he will be as good as 2018 Stratton.

But Stratton's form has been so bad last 2 years that had Greaves played earlier in the year would be settled now and playing better than him, like cj, scrimshaw and day have been along with all the other players on the ground.
Amazing how you can predict the future

Suggesting we'd have won a lot more games with Greaves in over Stratton for most of the year though?
I think we'd have won more games by playing anyone having a crack and getting picked on form not reputation or a C. Stratton should have been dropped last year and would have been had he not been so good the previous year. He did not improve and has cost us games.

The run on effect also gifting games to a guy that isn't earning them effects the whole team performance.

When we were struggling in 2009 and 2010 sewell and Lewis were put on notice and dropped. Last 4 years we have continued to play cooked players despite no longer contributing.

No. You're right. We probably wouldn't have. But we've known since circa round 8 we weren't going to make a large impact this season, so we should have been prepping for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back