List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn Damon Greaves - pick 14, 2018 rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Got this little snippet passed on from someone involved with him as a junior

We had always played him as a bit of a utility, but mainly as a tall mid. When he got to the tryouts in Bunbury though, the line for mids was huge, and the defenders one was really short. The boys were told to line up and put their preferred position down. That was the day Damon became as defender, purely based on the fact that he is more likely to get some attention if the competition for spots was smaller. He ended up being able to instinctively read the play as it was coming in, and just knew when to leave his man, and when to stay tight. He was also a beautiful kick after a behind.

Knows how to read the play, kicks the ball well, can play multiple positions, sounds like a great rookie pick up

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got this little snippet passed on from someone involved with him as a junior

Knows how to read the play, kicks the ball well, can play multiple positions, sounds like a great rookie pick up

For some reason i have a very good feeling about this kid.

Sometimes in life it's about being in the right place at the right time and this guy has Birchall written all over him.

With the great man only a year or 2 away from retirement it's a very good time to be picked up for someone who plays his position.

We have Scrimshaw also but i see him more as a 3rd tall type.

Future HB line:

Scrimshaw-Kostchitske-Greaves.

Add Hardwick Sicily and Brand.

Looking good.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
don't be so prejudiced

best-halloween-costume-for-a-ginger-280934.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
Looks like they are playing him in a different position.

Damon Greaves (19 disposals, seven marks, three tackles, three inside 50s)

It was a strong game from Greaves. He played mostly on the wing, and it’s good to see him getting some continuity in that position. He had strong running patterns, and looking sharp in the defensive parts of the game. He also looked good with ball in hand and made the right decisions.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really looking forward to this debut.
I think that this kid has a good footy head on his shoulders and despite lacking a little bit of extra pace he is quick of mind and you can’t teach that.
I recon that he will be with the Hawks for a while.
good luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back