List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn Damon Greaves - pick 14, 2018 rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Show me a game in the last 2 years by Stratton that was as good as Damon's first game... Anyone.

No embarrassing stuff ups.

Rebound 50's, inside 50's, goal assists.

Good defensive efforts.

His opponent Dan Butler who has been really good this year, invisible.
Agree with the game he was great, probably no need to compare it to Stratton but

Agree with the game he was great, probably no need to compare it to Stratton but
Suspect that is because he was told to “* off” by a moderator for expressing the opinion pre game that he thought we’d have been better off this season playing Greaves than Stratton.

Very impressive debut from Greaves. Good decision making and good disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a first game it was really composed, what a way to start! Has a great kick, so valuable down back, given it’s lacking in Frawley, frost, stratton. Not sure he has the speed to keep the live-wire forwards quiet. Or the overhead skills. Needs to be a hodge type player maybe to have a future (small ask!).

Yeah the kid can hold his head up pretty high, very solid debut.

Very solid debut. Appears more a Hardwick replacement (freeing Hardwick to play forward) than a stratts replacement. Very composed, tough and a good kick. Similar to Hardwick possibly lacks a yard to play consistently on the quick smalls but is still young (and I note cousins is noticeably quicker this year). Should get the next two games.

I'll give Greaves the credit he absolutely deserves. I was happy he was given a crack this week but felt that he's fairly vanilla (ala Harry Morrison). It's only one game but he seems composed with and without the ball, he uses it quite well (we need as many good users as we can get at the moment) and got forward when he could. Very good debut, hope he gets the rest of the year in the Seniors.

Yeah he did a great job on Butler.
He got the 50m penalty goal & a couple of goal assists but Greaves did a good job - well done young fella a nice debut.

Remind me a bit of a young Guerra, hard, good skills and feel trusted with the ball in hand.

Anyone remember/know why he dropped so low in the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back