Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Darren Minchington

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed as a delisted free agent.

Fan-made compilation of his goals as a Saint.

Officially listed by the Saints at 179cm and 81kg. Played as a small forward with the Saints. Will play the 2019 season as a 25 year old (turns 25 in December). Missed the best part of two seasons with a combination of ankle, hip and knee injuries (including no games this season).

Simpkin, Henderson and now Minchington.

He adds depth at that small forward position and considering he’s still only 24 years old there’s upside left if he can get his body fit.

In the numerous times I’ve seen Box Hill live against the Saints in the VFL Minchington has been quite good.

Here is some of his best games in the AFL:

2015 R21 vs Geelong: 10 disposals - 2 marks - 5 tackles - 3 goals
2016 R14 vs Geelong: 13 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles - 3 goals
2017 R5 vs Geelong: 16 disposals - 5 marks - 3 tackles - 3 goals

9 of Minchington’s 22 career goals have come against the Cats.

Welcome Darren. :D

Simpkin, Henderson and now Minchington.

He adds depth at that small forward position. Given he’s still only 24 there’s upside left if he can get his body fit.

In the numerous times I’ve seen Box Hill play the Saints in the VFL Minchington has been quite good.

Here is some of his best games in the AFL:

2015 R21 vs Geelong: 10 disposals - 2 marks - 5 tackles - 3 goals
2016 R14 vs Geelong: 13 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles - 3 goals
2017 R5 vs Geelong: 16 disposals - 5 marks - 3 tackles - 3 goals

9 of Minchington’s 22 career goals have come against the Cats.

Welcome Darren. :D
Cat-killer. Now I understand. Every team needs one of those.:thumbsu:

Rarely am I able to say that I have never heard of a player...

From the Saints website...

BACKGROUND
Minchington was drafted by St Kilda with pick No. 65 in the 2011 Rookie Draft.

The defensive forward has played 28 games in the red, white and black, including 13 in what was a breakout 2016 season.

He had a career-high 17 disposals, as well as seven tackles and one goal in the Saints’ Round Seven win over Greater Western Sydney.

Q&A
Nickname: Meatball
Funniest teammate: Jimmy Webster
Most inspiring movie: Coach Carter
Apps you can’t live without: Spotify and Instagram
Hidden talent: Squash
Your passions outside football: Golf and cars
Your best traits are: Caring and approachable
Do you have any pets: One dog
Favourite cartoon or movie character: Lightning McQueen
Favourite holiday spot: Bali

Get the feeling that we could use him
As a mid rotation. I’ve seen him dominate vfl games as a clearance mid who bursts away from the stoppage and kicks goals. Could be pretty handy and adds a dimension to our midfield that only really jaeger brings. At worst he’s going to be decent depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be solid depth for us at worst and a good addition to the team possibly if we can improve him.

Lets not forget Henderson was not only trash talked by a lot of our fans, but a lot of Adelaide fans as well when we picked him up. Worked out great for us.

He has the physical attributes to play at this level and if we can fit him in to our system i think he can play a role for us when required. Happy to have him at the club to be honest.

First time Hawthorn has had a player with the first name "Darren" since Darren Kappler last played for the club in round 17, 1998. Minchington will be the fourth player to have the first name "Darren" at the club.

Before anyone asks about Pritchard, his first name is spelled "Darrin". He's the first, and so far only, "Darrin" to play for Hawthorn and in the VFL/AFL.

There's been 52 players with the first name "Darren" in the VFL/AFL. Darren Milburn was the longest lasting, with 292 games for Geelong, followed by Darren Glass (270 games with the Eagles), Darren Bewick (238 games for Essendon) and Darren Jolly (237 games for Melbourne, Sydney and Collingwood).

First time Hawthorn has had a player with the first name "Darren" since Darren Kappler last played for the club in round 17, 1998. Minchington will be the fourth player to have the first name "Darren" at the club.

Before anyone asks about Pritchard, his first name is spelled "Darrin". He's the first, and so far only, "Darrin" to play for Hawthorn and in the VFL/AFL.

There's been 52 players with the first name "Darren" in the VFL/AFL. Darren Milburn was the longest lasting, with 292 games for Geelong, followed by Darren Glass (270 games with the Eagles), Darren Bewick (238 games for Essendon) and Darren Jolly (237 games for Melbourne, Sydney and Collingwood).
Thanks?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always liked him, never got a good crack at it although I don’t think we are to blame for that. Can play and at a good club I think he will be able to show that, think for small forwards a lot rests on being at the right club at the right time. Should go well with your lot.

Massive if true

Darren Jarman the best of em

Remove this Banner Ad

Back