Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I couldn't split he & Phillips as the best & safest picks in the top of the draft. A steal at pick 4(5), and I tipped the Hawks grabbing him if he slipped that far. You grabbed a better version of Sicily.

One quality big KPD to compliment him, and your defence is set for a decade.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I couldn't split he & Phillips as the best & safest picks in the top of the draft. A steal at pick 4(5), and I tipped the Hawks grabbing him if he slipped that far. You grabbed a better version of Sicily.

Big call to say a better version of Sicily! I'm stoked we've got him- have you seen much of his growth over the last couple years, if so, how would you rate his coachability?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Big call to say a better version of Sicily! I'm stoked we've got him- have you seen much of his growth over the last couple years, if so, how would you rate his coachability?

Just wait & see.

I'm stoked we've got him- have you seen much of his growth over the last couple years, if so, how would you rate his coachability?

My view is Clarkson picks what he wants and then strengthens those traits in a team setting, so I don't see it as an issue.

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn

Agree wholeheartedly. I thought Phillips would last to our pick and DGB go earlier.
I would have been happy with either.

Better than Sicily is definitely a big call considering the only thing standing in the way of him and multiple AAs has been late season injuries.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Better than Sicily is definitely a big call considering the only thing standing in the way of him and multiple AAs has been late season injuries.

I haven't designed my post as any swipe against Sicily, it's just that I think DGB is that good.

He is a freakish aerialist that is doing things now that Howe & McGovern weren't close to doing at the same age.

Maybe Clarkson will try to utilise eventually him as a forward?

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Hoping he plays r1 as the immediate Stratton replacement (and Sic with the injury)

We've also got Scrim and Day who are young and can intercept.

Need to get some forwards now.

Your midfield is building nicely now. Powell a nice pick up. LDU looks the goods for mine. Simpkin a gun.

I haven't designed my post as any swipe against Sicily, it's just that I think DGB is that good.

He is a freakish aerialist that is doing things now that Howe & McGovern weren't close to doing at the same age.

Maybe Clarkson will try to utilise eventually him as a forward?
Don't know that he's got Sicily's boot but he's certainly got some tools to work with

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love thay he's worked at maccas and bunnings and still has time to keep up with learning guitar, school work and footy at elite jnr and wafl level.

Work ethic will not be a problem with him, i don't think we'll see much or any of him next year....at Box Hill. Will no doubt be given the opportunity in preseason games to put his case forward and i think he will make it an easy decision for rnd 1 selectors.

Love thay he's worked at maccas and bunnings and still has time to keep up with learning guitar, school work and footy at elite jnr and wafl level.

Work ethic will not be a problem with him, i don't think we'll see much or any of him next year....at Box Hill. Will no doubt be given the opportunity in preseason games to put his case forward and i think he will make it an easy decision for rnd 1 selectors.
Out of curiosity, what is the WAFL level for learning guitar?:p

Probably at same level as Clarko.😂
I can smell a collaboration......

giphy.gif

Back