Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

HAWTHORN is confident highly-rated youngster Denver Grainger-Barras has avoided structural damage to a knee injury sustained on Sunday, though the club is unclear on the severity of an ankle injury to fellow emerging talent Will Day.

"He's got a bit of a knee injury," Clarkson said.

"Once again, we'll get it scanned. They think that structurally it's sound, but I think he just landed awkwardly and hyperextended it a little bit. Once again, we'll get that scanned and see how it is."

HAWTHORN is confident highly-rated youngster Denver Grainger-Barras has avoided structural damage to a knee injury sustained on Sunday, though the club is unclear on the severity of an ankle injury to fellow emerging talent Will Day.

"He's got a bit of a knee injury," Clarkson said.

"Once again, we'll get it scanned. They think that structurally it's sound, but I think he just landed awkwardly and hyperextended it a little bit. Once again, we'll get that scanned and see how it is."

Such a huge relief reading this

Hearing knee injury and not being able to see any footage of it you instantly worry.

The kid can take as long as he needs to get ready! We are in no rush

Last edited:
Me waiting for news on DGB and Day.

tenor.gif

I imagine they wouldn't scan until 48 hours after the injury so any swelling is down a bit? If that's the case it would be nice for the club to at least say this today so we can stop refreshing twitter every 5 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word as yet?
Will probably come around 5ish today normally when the cub report comes out.

The fact they are not releasing an early and separate piece on it should hopefully means nothing major.

Last edited:
Will probably come around 5ish today normally when the cub report comes out.

The fact they are not releasing an early and separate piece on it should hopefully mean nothing major.
Given our track record on injury reporting this can be anywhere between 1-4 weeks. With 4 weeks = 4 to season ;)

Do actually hope all is ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back