Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good news for Denver not so much for day . Denver likely to be back within a month , no time frame for days return .
DGB is expected to miss a few weeks with bone bruising.
Can we not post ‘news’ about injuries that turns out to be guesswork, or the guesswork of the club’s assistant waterboy who spoke to the physio for 5 minutes?

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HFC injury reports
C1EDB052-FB4D-48C7-BA6B-67EFA31BB8D3.jpeg

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have we any updated timeframe from the club, or was it just the 4-6 weeks from the days following the injury?
I think it is hard to predict these things so I wouldn’t expect weekly changes in the forecast. It needs to settle down first. And then they see how it responds to activity and increasing load. Lots of room for delays.

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think it is hard to predict these things so I wouldn’t expect weekly changes in the forecast. It needs to settle down first. And then they see how it responds to activity and increasing load. Lots of room for delays.
At least they know what it is unlike the O'Meara debacle where it took ages to identify his soreness was due to bone bruising back in 2017 - if that was truly the reason.

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can’t help but think future captain there, along with Will Day, what a couple of great leaders we are going to have.

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Given we have lots of intercept markers (including Sicily to come back) and have frost and Hartigan playing as kpd is there even a role for DGB in next 12 months even if he is fit? Needs a lot work bulking up to play as a kpd and we are overflowing with mid sized options.

Given we have lots of intercept markers (including Sicily to come back) and have frost and Hartigan playing as kpd is there even a role for DGB in next 12 months even if he is fit? Needs a lot work bulking up to play as a kpd and we are overflowing with mid sized options.
Always gives flexibility to play others elsewhere (e.g. Impey, Day to the wing, Sicily forward if need be)

But I'm not fussed about seeing him as a regular this year. If it comes ahead of expectations, like Day, all well and good.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dgb can play small. Was able to play on guys like Hollands. Mind you that was nearly two years ago!

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dgb can play small. Was able to play on guys like Hollands. Mind you that was nearly two years ago!
That's great, but we need a tall who can play on talls for the next decade, in-fact another one from this years draft after we pick up a silky skilled midfielder wouldn't go astray at all. It would almost complete the spine, with a bit hope and luck.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's great, but we need a tall who can play on talls for the next decade, in-fact another one from this years draft after we pick up a silky skilled midfielder wouldn't go astray at all. It would almost complete the spine, with a bit hope and luck.
Everything you say is true but if we want to play dgb in our backline this year he is versatile to play multiple roles. Long term we need him to play on talls.

Back