Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Club will want to fast track this sort of talent. His role doesn't require a lot of running. We just have to get games into guys like this asap.
In a similar boat to Reeves. Just needs to start getting the miles(games) into the legs.

Club will want to fast track this sort of talent. His role doesn't require a lot of running. We just have to get games into guys like this asap.
This is true. He has played a heap at WAFL level. If his body is right he needs to learn the pace of the game and the levels required first hand. Get him in

Happy for Silk to go fwd.

Who does he replace though?

I'm of the opinion that Burgs needs to move on after his 400th to help fast track our rebuild. Great idea that DGB replaces him. That gives him two more weeks of touch in the VFL first.

Hardwick DGB CJ
Scrimshaw Day Impey
Frost and Hartigan as the experience and only two who will need to be replaced eventually. Those top 6 will be first selected players for the next 5-10 years.

I'm of the opinion that Burgs needs to move on after his 400th to help fast track our rebuild. Great idea that DGB replaces him. That gives him two more weeks of touch in the VFL first.

Hardwick DGB CJ
Scrimshaw Day Impey
Frost and Hartigan as the experience and only two who will need to be replaced eventually. Those top 6 will be first selected players for the next 5-10 years.
Would like Silk to get past Fletcher and also to have an official retirement match. Heck let’s get him past KB as well!

Hardwick DGB CJ
Scrimshaw Day Impey
Agree. Hoping the 400th is also a send off.
We need to move on. We're going nowhere playing him at this stage, other than to get him to 400.

Agree. Hoping the 400th is also a send off.
We need to move on. We're going nowhere playing him at this stage, other than to get him to 400.

Agreed. Wouldn't mind him getting to 404, passing Fletcher on 400 and Bartlett on 403, leaving him third behind Tuck on 426 and Harvey on 432.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think stats matter, he dominated the back half against Essendon VFL, that's all you need to know, he also has a crew cut and seems to have put on a few kilos since we last saw him, mostly around the shoulders and chest.
👏👏👏👏

Every time I hear him speak I'm even more impressed. Seems such a great head on his shoulders for a 19y.o.
Can't wait to see him in the side.

What is the best thing for his development right now? Straight into the AFL side or continue at Box Hill to learn to dominate? I reckon he is ready it's just a matter of what's best for his long term development.

What is the best thing for his development right now? Straight into the AFL side or continue at Box Hill to learn to dominate? I reckon he is ready it's just a matter of what's best for his long term development.
I think VFL for another week for fitness, then the best thing would be to get a taste of senior footy and learn how to play at that level.

I think it depends on his character. If playing at AFL drives him like it clearly does Day and it wont destroy his confidence if he gets towelled up now and again, put him in and leave him there. Just don't want another Schoey where his confidence got destroyed. Dont expect Hyphen is that sort of player though.

Hardwick DGB CJ
Scrimshaw Day Impey

First 6 selected?
Where are you playing Sicily?

I think ideally we'd see one (or all) of Day, CJ and Impey rotating through HB and Wing.
We also have Greaves who might make it as a defender.

This is the area where we look strongest moving forward (at this stage).

First 6 selected?
Where are you playing Sicily?

I think ideally we'd see one (or all) of Day, CJ and Impey rotating through HB and Wing.
We also have Greaves who might make it as a defender.

This is the area where we look strongest moving forward (at this stage).

Replacing Gunston as that mobile forward.

Agree on Day pushing up the ground though. Scrimshaw too. Could see Sicily staying back and Scrimmers getting mid/wing time as well.

Realistically he's probably at least a week or two away from AFL football, not due to ability, just conditioning. They'll want some extended run in him, just to get that conditioning and sharpness before they push him up.

Denver said in his post match chat that he had a bit of ring rust in knowing when to spoil and when to mark. That's just a lack of footy over the past three months.

Bloody hell he looked good out there though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back