Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

I read and laughed at the Day/Simpson comparisons. Completely different players. Regardless of what he believes, DGB and Day will be franchise players for our club and stars of the competition.

Yeh I stopped reading his posts after what he said about Day and DGB. As supporters, we can sometimes wear rose coloured glasses on some of our players. With Day and DGB though its pretty obvious to anyone that knows football that both have the potential to be elite/franchise players. How he does not see that is beyond belief. No big deal, plenty of other better balanced posters to follow than some him

Yeh I stopped reading his posts after what he said about Day and DGB. As supporters, we can sometimes wear rose coloured glasses on some of our players. With Day and DGB though its pretty obvious to anyone that knows football that both have the potential to be elite/franchise players. How he does not see that is beyond belief. No big deal, plenty of other better balanced posters to follow than some him

He's the same guy who reckons Martin Gleeson is worthy of being in an Essendon senior 22.

Note: Gleese is a dud.

My opinion, KM is quite possibly the worst talent ID guy on Bigfooty. I think at times he doesn't watch any football. He compared Will Day to Kade Simpson...Really, I can't think of a worst comparison.
That is a ******* horrendous comparison.

I don't see all the fuss with the Day and Simpson comparison. Both are thin, play BHF, good to great kicks, hard running, courageous and are leaders in the backline. There are a few similarities, which is probably where he was coming from.
The way Day plays at the moment is not dissimilar. Both brave, skinny, skilful half backs. We obviously hope his rate of improvement sees him become a better and more versatile player and hopefully play further afield, but you’d think the bloke compared him to some dud. Simpson played nearly 350 games.

Last edited:
I don't see all the fuss with the Day and Simpson comparison. Both are thin, play BHF, good to great kicks, hard running, courageous and are leaders in the backline. There are a few similarities, which is probably where he was coming from.
They’re both humans that play footy. That’s about it.

My opinion, KM is quite possibly the worst talent ID guy on Bigfooty. I think at times he doesn't watch any football. He compared Will Day to Kade Simpson...Really, I can't think of a worst comparison. He think Jack Lukosious is the greatest player to pull on boots, besides Logan McDonald. He is a very clever writer though and has very strong views, issue is most of them are wrong. I'd be very surpirsed if DGB isn't an absolutely elite player because he has the intangible qualities that make a player special..He has the will, drive, leadership and he hates to be beaten. It's all clearly evident but it doesn't show up in the stats so it won't register by Knightmare's tunnel visioned take on the game.
I've been spending some time potting him on his thread over the past week. Trying to understand how he comes up with some of this wacky stuff. Anyway, I'll steer clear and stick to eDPS' and pmbangers' thread - much more objective and insightful.

I've been spending some time potting him on his thread over the past week. Trying to understand how he comes up with some of this wacky stuff. Anyway, I'll steer clear and stick to eDPS' and pmbangers' thread - much more objective and insightful.

If he was an icy pole, he'd lick himself to death.

Except for the other obvious comparisons that I pointed out.

I'm not sure who I'd liken Day to, but I can see why has used Simpson as a comparison.
Day is a Pendlebury type, the time and space he posses is that level, a dual footed player with elite vision and composure to go with the class, silky smooth natre, speed and his height and marking above his head, clean below his knees etc grows into his body a little and he could really be a Pendles type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potting KM seems to be an enjoyed, often nasty pastime on this site.

God Forbid he doesn't think that Will Day and DGB are the next Luke Hodge and Harris Andrews at the start of their careers 🙄

He seems to have a lot of patience talking through what he thinks when he stylistically compares a young player to another gun AFL player that isn't a Scott Pendlebury level champion of the game.

Potting KM seems to be an enjoyed, often nasty pastime on this site.

God Forbid he doesn't think that Will Day and DGB are the next Luke Hodge and Harris Andrews at the start of their careers 🙄
When you put yourself out there as 'the draft expert' and you don't back it up with expert knowledge or analysis I am not sure what you expect? If he opted out of his ESPN clickbait gig and changed his YouTube title to something more unassuming, I like many others would not have to pot him because he would be a bigfooty nuffie like everyone else.

Put yourself and your opinions on a pedestal and people are well within their rights to call you out when you don't know your "backside" from your elbow.

I will never claim to know more about a Draft pool than KM, he puts a lot of time and effort in to watching these kids.

One they get to this level though he knows no more than you or i. He has had some of the most puzzling takes i have seen from anyone on Big footy before, but he is entitled to those opinions.

Heck i find his Callow opinions to be... Interesting to say the least.

The Day/Simpson comparison is lazy to be honest, skinny half backer is just such an easy comparison to make. Simpson was not even a 10th of the player Day is 16 games in to his career.

Past and present player comparisons is the easiest way to help identify/analyse draft prospects. Day/Whitfield comparisons are spot on. Both players are lightly built, similar height, quick, agile and skilful, dual sided and like to run, carry and take the game on. DGB is a cross between Andrews and Grimes.

Past and present player comparisons is the easiest way to help identify/analyse draft prospects. Day/Whitfield comparisons are spot on. Both players are lightly built, similar height, quick, agile and skilful, dual sided and like to run, carry and take the game on. DGB is a cross between Andrews and Grimes.

This is what I mean with player comparisons. Fans go nuts when the senior comparison seems to be missing something the young player might have. But then have no trouble saying a guy who's played three solid games is a mix between the best key defender of the last 5 years and the best general defender of the last 5 years.

And yet people get upset when draftees get talked up and they don't end up being the next Chris Judd (e.g. Muston). Draft reviewers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Good on them for doing their research and putting their opinions out there for discussion. I'd suggest that Day is as close to Simpson at this stage as he is to Whitfield or Pendlebury. He's 10ish games in FFS. If he can become a 200+ game player, then we can talk about him being as good as Simpson, let alone the others.

This is what I mean with player comparisons. Fans go nuts when the senior comparison seems to be missing something the young player might have. But then have no trouble saying a guy who's played three solid games is a mix between the best key defender of the last 5 years and the best general defender of the last 5 years.
It is a player comparison based on characteristic traits/style of play, that is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back