Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

With DGB, Scrimshaw, Sicily and Day, we are going to have a formidable backline in the air and with run and skill. It’s the one area of the ground our rebuild is now looking very strong.
Even before DGB I would have rated our half backline probably the most talented part of our team with Day, Sicily and Scrimshaw.

Now it is taken to another level.

I get the feeling Clarko is dead set on rebuilding this side from the back line up.

Personally I still feel we lack a strong 6 foot 3 midfielder ala Martin or Fyfe and a quality small forward but I guess you always pick the best available.

Even before DGB I would have rated our half backline probably the most talented part of our team with Day, Sicily and Scrimshaw.

I get the feeling Clarko is dead set on rebuilding this side from the back line up.

Personally I still feel we lack a strong 6 foot 3 midfielder ala Martin or Fyfe and a quality small forward but I guess you always pick the best available.

Yeah some parts of our team are down and doubtful but you can’t say that about the backline after this. Need Hardwick to recapture his mojo as the small guy, build some chemistry and we are looking very solid down back
for a while.

Nice set of hands.

Bit of Brian Lake in the way he reads the high ball and positions his body.

Nice set of hands.

Yes, wonderful stuff, something to get excited about. Welcome aboard.

Nice set of hands.

That is exactly what I saw from the highlights.

Welcome DGB and good luck

Pretty chuffed with this one, of all the talls on offer at the pointy end of the draft he was the one I wanted and I think the one we needed most.

Great footy brain, great hands, quick, agile at ground level and has the opportunity to come in and play and develop with Sicily out for most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explains the stop gap recruitment of Hartley and Hartigan while this kid developes .
I think our list explained the reason we got Hartigan, this pick doesn't change that need.

We have both - Finn Maginess and Seamus Mitchell just drafted ..

That is exactly what I saw from the highlights.

Welcome DGB and good luck
Lake had the best set of hands I have ever seen on a backman (maybe best full stop regardless of position).

I firmly believe marking the high contested ball is something you are born with, you can't really teach that skill and DGB appears to have it.

Having Scrimmers, Siciliy and DGB patrolling the backline will basically nullify any high ball into our backline as they will pluck those off with ease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back