Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he’s already kicked more goals than all 36ers combined
Not quite.

Players who wore 36 as their main number, 41 goals have been kicked by the rest combined and he's kicked 31. (A total of 72)
Tim Boyle who is listed as 20, kicked 1 goal wearing 36 as well. So he needs 11 more goals in the jumper to equal the rest combined.

Still amazed at his development this year.

Was inches away from being delisted......and was genuinely our best small forward over the year.

Some were still not convinced after Moore had a very good game against the Suns in 2020 (the game where he got the Norm Smith vote).

I guess Moore's 2021 season proves that the Suns 2020 game is no fluke.

Still amazed at his development this year.

Was inches away from being delisted......and was genuinely our best small forward over the year.

The reason we've been able to see this from him is that he wasn't just hidden in the forward line, he was given more free reign to roam up the ground and be utilised that way.

We were trying to get him to play the Puopolo role which he never had the acceleration for, that's why he found himself on the chopping blocks. Always had the talent just wasn't given the freedom to apply it.

yes, but it doesn't really mean anything more, its just an accounting exercise.

he doesn't need to be on a rookie contract, it just means the first $80k of his contract is excluded from the salary cap.

I recall there were some minor restrictions like max periods you could be a rookie and 2 years was the max single contract length, or has that changed too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All hail Dylan Moore - the slayer of the curse of 36!

Some were still not convinced after Moore had a very good game against the Suns in 2020 (the game where he got the Norm Smith vote).

I guess Moore's 2021 season proves that the Suns 2020 game is no fluke.

The fact that you accidentally said "Norm Smith" instead of "Brownlow" votes when referring to Hawthorn's last game of the season is such a typical Hawthorn supporter mistake to make :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back