Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously he's like an extra player in some of those plays. You just wouldn't see many players backing up with so many extra efforts. They either wouldn't have the stamina or they'd just be happy with what they'd contributed in that play without looking to add a third, fourth, fifth effort.

Been my favourite player for us for a little while now. Just so good. An absolute footballer. Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone who was definitely told they were too short, or too slow throughout their juniors. Worked worked worked and now it's paying off for him. He'll start to get a little more attention now, just like CJ did at this time last year. But that opens the game up for other guys too. How exciting in this day and age of all the academies etc to see two blokes like Moore and Newcombe being two of our better players who were to this modern day extent 'rejects'.

Been my favourite player for us for a little while now. Just so good. An absolute footballer. Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone who was definitely told they were too short, or too slow throughout their juniors. Worked worked worked and now it's paying off for him. He'll start to get a little more attention now, just like CJ did at this time last year. But that opens the game up for other guys too. How exciting in this day and age of all the academies etc to see two blokes like Moore and Newcombe being two of our better players who were to this modern day extent 'rejects'.
Moore was an AA during his draft year, amazes how many of these players get ignored because theyre too short or not explosive. Elite kick, elite endurance elite overhead marking, elite pressure/courage.

Seriously he's like an extra player in some of those plays.

Haha, makes me think of my daughter's netball team who had a state level X-country runner on the team. She was lightning fast too, would often play centre, create something from the back of the court and then be passing the ball into the D. I remember one game the oppo coach asked the umpires to stop the game to do a count.

The other comment I'd make on Dylan Moore is that he seems, based on interviews, to be a decent person, humble, and very level-headed. Nice to see.

Moore was an AA during his draft year, amazes how many of these players get ignored because theyre too short or not explosive. Elite kick, elite endurance elite overhead marking, elite pressure/courage.

Caleb Daniel. Ranked number 1 by Champion Data in his draft year. Fell to 45 on draft night.

The other comment I'd make on Dylan Moore is that he seems, based on interviews, to be a decent person, humble, and very level-headed. Nice to see.
I got to speak to him for a bit at the player sponsor evening last year. He is 100% those things. Even while I was pumping him up about how good a season he was having he genuinely just wanted to credit it to team effort. And also thankfully, given the club has effectively handed him lifetime unrestricted free agency status by delisting him the other year, he absolutely loves the club, his teammates and Sam. I like to throw it around as a meme but he could legitimately be a future captain of the club.

Fairly sure CD rated him 13 in his draft year at the time
The fox draft rankings what ever that is had him at 12, would easily be top ten from this draft now and pushing top 5.

Brayshaw, Naughton, Fritsch, Kelly, Bailey, Cerra and Taylor are the only ones I'd rate above him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get this. There is apparently a 168cm small forward projected to go top 3 next year. Nick Watson.

Imagine how f*n good you have to be to be under 170 and in the mix for the number one pick

Being that short I bet he drops down the order into the second round.

Being that short I bet he drops down the order into the second round.
Runs a 2.9 20m and jumps 94cm. Is apparently a freak. Kicked five as a bottom-ager for Eastern in pre-season.

I just want a player like that on our list!

I was lucky enough to be in Dylan Moore's group during the Player Sponsor night at the G last year, and a few of us got to chat to him. You're absolutely spot on.

Runs a 2.9 20m and jumps 94cm. Is apparently a freak. Kicked five as a bottom-ager for Eastern in pre-season.

I just want a player like that on our list!
would get more than his fair share of head high tackles

Get this. There is apparently a 168cm small forward projected to go top 3 next year. Nick Watson.

Imagine how f*n good you have to be to be under 170 and in the mix for the number one pick 🤯🤯🤯
He trained with Hawthorn over the summer, and stood out. He's tiny but super fast and skilled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back