Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milkshaker

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2014
24 Barrack Street
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is only 18 so still has some growing to do. Looks like he has some serious toe for a big fella. Ruck forward potential? Spending some time with Monkey might fix the lack of aggression issue as well as a few stints in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 20, 2006
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Emerson is a school mate of my son, there is 3 years difference in age, but they do pal around and train together.
So our household is pretty chuffed he's a Hawk.
Downside my Nephew missed out - so there is also a fair bit of heartbreak.
He played Vic Metro, Won his NAB Team Best and Fairest and also made the NAB League Team of the Year - but it wasn't to be this year.
Anyway onward and upward, the Box Hill Hawks have been in touch to get him down for 2020.

Sixpence

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Downside my Nephew missed out - so there is also a fair bit of heartbreak.
He played Vic Metro, Won his NAB Team Best and Fairest and also made the NAB League Team of the Year - but it wasn't to be this year.
Anyway onward and upward, the Box Hill Hawks have been in touch to get him down for 2020.
Stapleton? Sorry to hear, hopefully he gets another crack in the near future.

AlwaysHawks15

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Suprised to hear about the questions marks over his kicking. In his footage, first thing i noticed was his well executed kicks and he also kicked on both feet.
Perhaps the critique is about decision making not skill level. Maybe picks the wrong option a little bit too often who knows.

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Perhaps the critique is about decision making not skill level. Maybe picks the wrong option a little bit too often who knows.
This. Apparently his kicking efficiency was right down not because of his kicking ability, but because of his decision making. Hawks should be able to coach him to make better decisions.

More importantly, welcome to the Hawks Emerson!

Top Bottom