Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Sam Mitchell says:

Emerson Jeka
"Jeka again got great reward on the scoreboard, kicking five goals for us. But I think what we loved most as coaches was his ability to hit the ball at speed, his leading at the ball and his ability to create contests. I think his first three or four contests of the game, he didn't actually touch the ball but he was able to crash packs and make some Carlton defenders hurt. After that, he was able to get his reward but we think that started from his early work which really set him up for a strong game."

Sam Mitchell says:

Emerson Jeka
"Jeka again got great reward on the scoreboard, kicking five goals for us. But I think what we loved most as coaches was his ability to hit the ball at speed, his leading at the ball and his ability to create contests. I think his first three or four contests of the game, he didn't actually touch the ball but he was able to crash packs and make some Carlton defenders hurt. After that, he was able to get his reward but we think that started from his early work which really set him up for a strong game."
So, he kicked 5 this week, 6 last week, and 4(?) the week before?

Surely a strong chance to come in for Lewis, ahead of Kossie

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reeves, Jeka. Downie

1618390998955.gif

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wasn’t Jeka suppose to go in the first round the year coming into the draft then it all fell away from him a bit, can’t wait to see him play.

also can Sammy Mitchell get his own thread for his posts? , they are such a good read about all the players.

Wasn’t Jeka suppose to go in the first round the year coming into the draft then it all fell away from him a bit, can’t wait to see him play.
also can Sammy Mitchell get his own thread for his posts? , they are such a good read about all the players.
Better off just getting him an account so he can post here :shrug:

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So, he kicked 5 this week, 6 last week, and 4(?) the week before?

Surely a strong chance to come in for Lewis, ahead of Kossie
Some chance but I don’t rate vfl practice match form as a reliable guide senior AFL performance. Kosi smashed it against the vfl team, north Melbourne, but has struggled in every other match. Best to keep expectations low in the short term 😉

Last week‘s commentary from Sam:

Emerson Jeka
"Early in the game he stubbed his toe while kicking and then gave away a free kick, so it was really pleasing to see him remain persistent and stick with it. He finished with six goals straight after that and was able to lay off multiple other chances to other players as well. His marking and leading was a strong feature of the win."

the week prior:

Emerson Jeka
"Jek struggled to get involved in the contest. He managed to make a contribution by hitting the scoreboard with a couple of goals. But he was beaten by his opponent on the day."

Mate lives behind him, can you connect a string on a can to bigfooty? ill ask him to leave it on the fence 🤔
I can square away a wardrive attack on his network & publish findings here :shrug:

Wait...

"Wardrive"??? I don't know what that is - I meant "wardrobe attack" - I'll put a guy in his wardrobe to listen to whatever he says in the bedroom...

I've wasted enough of my life heading into the football watching TOB, I'd be delighted if he never played a senior match for us again.
s**t mate, I feel terrible knowing we've wasted part of your life...

Ceglar at CHF then?

Should be good👍

Some chance but I don’t rate vfl practice match form as a reliable guide senior AFL performance. Kosi smashed it against the vfl team, north Melbourne, but has struggled in every other match. Best to keep expectations low in the short term 😉
You mean struggled against the premiers and runners up from last year?

Terry Wallace had him at Pick 2 on "Future Stars" after his 17yo year.

He then had significant injuries in his 18yo year and barely played. That's how he fell to Rookie

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam Mitchell says:

Emerson Jeka
Eagle-eye says it was Andy Otten with the write up actually (I noticed he wasn’t as frank with some of his appraisals).

Jeka in form is great, you’d reckon that bringing him ahead of Kosi would just be weird though. We’ve already got a fair merry-go-round happening in that forward line.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You mean struggled against the premiers and runners up from last year?
He also struggled against the bombers and in the first practice match. I’m not saying it is easy, I’m saying that playing AFL is a lot harder than practice matches, especially vfl practice matches. Do you disagree?

Back