Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't disagree. But if Gunston is coming near the end, then I'd prefer he is the one that is moved to get Jeka in the team, rather than Lewis or Kossie/Callow
Jeka's role is not Gunston's role mate. Players come in to play a specific role. So for Jeka it will be at the expense of Kossie / Callow. It is how selection has worked thus far at Hawthorn. Shiels is out of the side because he has been replaced by someone like Nash and not by someone like Callow

Jeka's role is not Gunston's role mate. Players come in to play a specific role. So for Jeka it will be at the expense of Kossie / Callow. It is how selection has worked thus far at Hawthorn. Shiels is out of the side because he has been replaced by someone like Nash and not by someone like Callow
I can't see where I've said Jeka and Gunston played the same role. Even agreed they aren't alike.

I don't know what role he can play with Lewis and Kossie in the same side, but 2 of his 4 games were with both Lewis and Kossie in the same forward line, so the club have tried it and have a role for him.

1 other game he plaued was with Kossie and 2 rucks. So it's something they've tried before.

I can't see where I've said Jeka and Gunston played the same role. Even agreed they aren't alike.

I don't know what role he can play with Lewis and Kossie in the same side, but 2 of his 4 games were with both Lewis and Kossie in the same forward line, so the club have tried it and have a role for him.

1 other game he plaued was with Kossie and 2 rucks. So it's something they've tried before.
Yep ok my mistake they have played together before i remember now. But I just don't see it happening this year

Emerson Jeka (5 goals, 7 disposals, 3 marks)​

“Jeka’s first half was outstanding. We’ve been wanting him to bring his intensity and effort consistently and in the first half he defiantly brought that. Crashing packs, creating contests, and pleasingly, he got some personal reward for that on the scoreboard. He kicked five goals in the first half and looked very dangerous up forward. Unfortunately, he hurt his hamstring so hopefully it’s not too bad."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club physio saying that the scans showed a n issue in the hamny in an area that the club will be cautious with. Must have been high up near the bone, I assume.

Emerson Jeka (5 goals, 7 disposals, 3 marks)​

“Jeka’s first half was outstanding. We’ve been wanting him to bring his intensity and effort consistently and in the first half he defiantly brought that. Crashing packs, creating contests, and pleasingly, he got some personal reward for that on the scoreboard. He kicked five goals in the first half and looked very dangerous up forward. Unfortunately, he hurt his hamstring so hopefully it’s not too bad."
"...in the first half he defiantly brought (the intensity)"

C'mon, folks, it's one thing on Bigfooty, it's another on a professional organisation's website.

"...in the first half he defiantly brought (the intensity)"

C'mon, folks, it's one thing on Bigfooty, it's another on a professional organisation's website.
Severus Snape School GIF by Harry Potter

Playing with intensity, defying opposition attempts to shut him out of the game? You absolutely can.

He doesn't have to be defying the coaches.
Can you please tell me the last time you heard a coach or a journalist praise a player for doing something 'defiantly'? :think:

You seem to be arguing for the sake of it...you don't seriously believe they meant to write 'defiantly', do you?

They meant 'definitely'...and screwed it.

Last edited:
Can you please tell me the last time you heard a coach or a journalist praise a player for doing something 'defiantly'? :think:

You seem to be arguing for the sake of it...you don't seriously believe they meant to write 'defiantly', do you?

They meant 'definitely'...and screwed it.
He's defiantly arguing.

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really disappointing and untimely injury.

I still think he looks the most natural forward of the Kosi, Callow, Jeka trio and was keen to see him in the seniors sooner than later.

Back