Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like this selection. Good raw package of athleticism and contested marking. Foot skills apparently shite but well worth the punt in the rookie draft.
Kicked a goal a game playing forward and back says he can kick both feet

Is only 18 so still has some growing to do. Looks like he has some serious toe for a big fella. Ruck forward potential? Spending some time with Monkey might fix the lack of aggression issue as well as a few stints in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emerson is a school mate of my son, there is 3 years difference in age, but they do pal around and train together.
So our household is pretty chuffed he's a Hawk.
Downside my Nephew missed out - so there is also a fair bit of heartbreak.
He played Vic Metro, Won his NAB Team Best and Fairest and also made the NAB League Team of the Year - but it wasn't to be this year.
Anyway onward and upward, the Box Hill Hawks have been in touch to get him down for 2020.

Downside my Nephew missed out - so there is also a fair bit of heartbreak.
He played Vic Metro, Won his NAB Team Best and Fairest and also made the NAB League Team of the Year - but it wasn't to be this year.
Anyway onward and upward, the Box Hill Hawks have been in touch to get him down for 2020.
Stapleton? Sorry to hear, hopefully he gets another crack in the near future.

Suprised to hear about the questions marks over his kicking. In his footage, first thing i noticed was his well executed kicks and he also kicked on both feet.
Perhaps the critique is about decision making not skill level. Maybe picks the wrong option a little bit too often who knows.

Perhaps the critique is about decision making not skill level. Maybe picks the wrong option a little bit too often who knows.
This. Apparently his kicking efficiency was right down not because of his kicking ability, but because of his decision making. Hawks should be able to coach him to make better decisions.

More importantly, welcome to the Hawks Emerson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back