Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes for some reason in the recruiting world people seem to always confuse poor kicking and poor decision making. From what I’ve seen Jeka is a great kick technically but just tries to bite off too much sometimes or takes the wrong option. Recruiters made the same mistake with Worpel who is a brilliant kick technically.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Very excited about this one, has all the tools to make it and will have minimal pressure on him being a rookie selection.

Exactly what the rookie draft should be used be for, kids with talent over some plodders that we already know what they can be.

Pity he didn’t play with the 2013 NS medalist and 2008 RS medalist ....

Ay.....??
I thought the same thing, didn't comment because it's his first name but their surnames. :(

Rowie6

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2007
East Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Ham United,Green Bay Packers.
Emerson is a school mate of my son, there is 3 years difference in age, but they do pal around and train together.
So our household is pretty chuffed he's a Hawk.
Downside my Nephew missed out - so there is also a fair bit of heartbreak.
He played Vic Metro, Won his NAB Team Best and Fairest and also made the NAB League Team of the Year - but it wasn't to be this year.
Anyway onward and upward, the Box Hill Hawks have been in touch to get him down for 2020.
Yeah my best mates son missed out. It was a very strange feeling being there to celebrate and there name does not get called or slotted in. I feel for the kids that just miss the mark!

On G8141 using BigFooty.com mobile app

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
A pretty solid rookie pick - a tall with good athletic traits and a good mark but hasn’t really been able to put it together and has a few hole win his game. Reckon we’ll try to turn him into a tall defender.

My immediate concern as well but apparently quite agile and quick -Tested well.
Lisle moved and turned like a truck.
He sure did. But he's had a more than serviceable career at VFL level.

There's a lot to like about Jeka. Good hands, good size.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1575012498776.png

Sizes up alright to sic

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 786828
Sizes up alright to sic
Western Jets alumni. If he turns out half as good as Sic were laughing all the way to the bank. There's a reason we cleaned out our list clogging backline depth. More than happy with the replacements. In a much better spot now moving forward, depth is solid now all over the park.

Back